Mine

Juycę brushed her fingers up against my cheek as she looked at me happily. "Now your mine and I mean that as in forever," she said, and I looked at her and her untamed beautifully wide lion's mane. I took my hand, touched it, and removed a small twig, then we chuckled. "I guess we are now restarting evolution," I said, and she looked at me, confused and intrigued. I laid back in the bed looking up at the ceiling that once was glass and now an open gaping hole in the roof.

She did the same, and the more we look, the more the stars came out. "They say humans use to be cavemen, and now it's like we are starting over again with what we got," I said with a slight smile. "You Jane me, Janelle," I said jokingly in Tarzan's voice, and she laughed as she grabbed my hand, still looking up at the night sky. "Thank you for staying by my side through all of this," I said, and she didn't speak, then she sighed and spoke. "Honey, your just my meal ticket home, and once I'm there and safe, this is over," she said jokingly, and we both laughed, then a noise came from outside.

"Help, he's injured! Someone help he's hurt!" a familiar voice said, and I quickly got out the bed, put my tennis shoes on and ran to the door. I looked out the peephole, and it was Desi and Wavez. I could see them, but they couldn't see me nor any movement in this house. I grabbed my gun, ready to end both of them if need be, then she spoke again. "We were running from the 19 when he ran into a pointy branch on the tree back there! I'm sorry he's clumsy, but we can't go any further if someone is home! Please help us," she said, and I looked back at Juycę, who nodded as she went to get the other room ready for them.

I want out front and began to open the gate to let them in. "Funny you all found us here," I said, and they looked at me surprised. "GOD AM I GLAD TO SEE YOU!" they yelled happily, and I helped Desi walk Wavez into the gate then I locked it back and put the shock gun on my back. We began walking back into the house when I heard Juycę scream. I moved from under Wavez arm and ran to her, grabbing the Glock 22 and extra clip from by the lamp in the hallway. Once I made it into the room, Juycę was standing there with a 6'8 man holding her.

Without hesitation, I shot him six times in the head, and once he let Juycę go, she ran past me. I walked closer, emptying the clip, highly upset with the situation. I stood over him, angry with the Glock 22 still in my hand. Juycę gently placed her hand on my hand, then she pushed the gun down and made me look at her. "We are fine, and I'm safe. Lovely. We need to help Wavez," she said, and I nodded as I looked at her. "I have to get rid of his body, can you help them please?" I asked her while putting a new clip in the Glock and handing it to her. Juycę nodded with fear in her eyes, so I grabbed her face with my empty hands.

I knew she was scared and use to it only being us two, so this was an adjustment for the both of us. "I won't be right back," I said, kissing her, and we smiled, then she left the bathroom to help our friends. I began dragging Mr.Big huge jackass to the back, then I chopped up his body and put it in a bag for later. After I was finished, I checked the perimeter, and no one else was outside nor around camp, so I walked back into the back gate and locked it. Then I walked into the house bloody and went looking for everyone.

Hour later

We were all eating dinner and telling 19 stories. "No, have y'all seen the kids? I had a three year older climb some shelves and almost shitted myself!" Desi said, and we chuckled. "I shot the little brat!" My best friend said, and I laughed even though it wasn't funny. "At least we're all together now," I said, leaning back in my chair happy cause we had a team to fight with now.

"Yea, we got y'all back!" Desi said, and Juycę smiled. "And we got y'all's ." She said, and I nodded.

(Pg,8)