"Chapter 3: Testing our abilities"

Kyoka's POV

Aizawa was standing on the pedestal reading some papers in front of him. We were quiet and it's a little relaxing and weird at the same time. I was from a music junior high and it's quite loud there.

He cleared his throat and looked around the room.

That's a little creepy considering his tired eyes. The way he silently gazes at us sends chills down my spine, I hope he's not mad. His gaze landed on me and I froze in spot, ready to run for my life.

"Kyoka Jirou." He said sternly and tiredly, "Please stand."

I swallowed and slowly stood up.

He looked around the class again, "Is there anyone who knows how vibrations work?"

Oh. I think my father texted him about me and my struggles. That's a little surprising coming from him. Is he secretly softie in the inside?

I relaxed and looked around the room. Who does know how vibrations know in this class.

There were a few arms up. So was the hothead, Bakugo was his name... now I feel stupid.

"Your application files says your struggling learning vibrations." He turned back to me. Okay so my files had told him that. Great. What other stuff does he know about me?

"I'll assign a student to help you with that subject. But in the meantime I want to test you." Test me? With what? For all I know I'm useless.

He turned back to the papers, "It says here your a mixed martial artist and an expert swordsman? You have also experienced different tournaments held in your neighbourhood."

I nodded earning a few 'woahs' from the class. Are they seriously surprised? This is supposed to be 1A right? And this is the hero course, so why over react?

"What are your rankings in mixed martial arts?"

"I am a black belt in karate; Goju, Shotokan, Wado and Shinto styles. Junior black belt in Taekwondo and Black arm band in Muay Thai. " Another wave of 'woahs'.

"Right. Let's test those abilities of yours." He looked back on his papers, "Mashirao Ojiro."

Ojiro stood up, "You are a Karateka, am I correct?" He nodded, "What's your style and belt?"

He nervously replied, "Uhh... Goju-ryu. I am a b-black belt."

"Right... You'll battle against each other." He looked back at the papers, "And Momo Yaoyorozu."

Wait. Yaoyorozu? Oh god am I gonna fight her too? Fuck me.

"You're a swords woman?"

"I-- Yes..."

"Alright... let's go to the gym..." He walked out of the room, "Change into the proper uniforms!"

~

Well this is going to be a pain. Fighting my own classmate is a challenge I would gladly accept but a some people that I only knew for three days is over the line. I'd be glad if I'm able to beat Denki's or Mineta's ass.

Let me guess the school asked our parents about my karategi because there is no way they actually have the same karategi as I have. It has the family name on my back.

This school is too prestigious. I quickly tied my belt and jogged outside.

I saw Ojiro standing in the middle of the gym with the class surrounding him in a circle.

As soon as I stepped in the room grew quiet. I looked around to see the others excited about the fight. Wow. They all want to see someone get hurt in front of them.