"Chapter 24: Comfort"

Kyoka rolled her shoulders as soon as she entered her dorm room. She had caught up too much with Kirishima and Bakugo and before she knew it, the sun had already set.

She groaned as she made her way to her closet, "Ugh... I spent the whole afternoon with those creeps. If I was able to choose who I spend my time to, it would be for Momo herself."

Pulling out her pajamas, she quickly changed and opened her phone that she had left purposely on her nightstand.

She frowned when she saw nothing. She saw no notifications, just her lock screen of her and Denki in the mall eating tacos like the idiots they truly were.

Her stomach rumbled and she just now remembered she hadn't eaten for lunch and dinner. She shrugged and headed out her room, "Might as well eat something..."

~

The elevator doors pinged open and she slid out when there was a small crack that she knew she'd fit in and darted to the kitchen.

She looked around purposefully and saw that the lights were dimmed out. That approves her theory of Iida and Momo had just done inspecting the building for any students staying up late, a green signal clearly that she'll be safe for the next eight hours.

With a relaxed pace, she made her way to the kitchen with closed eyes. She'd been there before, over and over, she already knew the layout of it like the back of her hand. No need to complicate her brain by adding eye sight.

When she arrived, however, she was forced her eyes to open when her sensitive hearing had caught up at the sound of shuffling. She almost passed it on as a rat but she remembered Aizawa telling them that the rats around these areas had their own places to stay. So that wasn't the answer.

She sneakily walked towards the kitchen, her each step lighter than the last. Her nerves were up and alert, and she could feel her adrenaline just right at the corner waiting for her to register the possible threat.

What she saw though made her pause.

Momo's silhouette. She could recognise Momo's silhouette both with her hair down and ponytailed, because that's how much she paid attention to her crush's movements.

From her distance, she could see the soft blue glow of the refrigerator and she knew for a act that Momo hadn't eaten dinner.

By leaning on the door frame, she waited until Momo had stood up straight till she spoke. "I thought you'd be asleep by now..." She murmured.

Momo flinched and snapped her head at her direction. Kyoka saw how Momo melted when their eyes met for the first time in hours. She also saw the relief that coursed through Momo's eyes, together with how a familiar weight lifted off like air.

Momo closed the refrigerator and a smile made her way to her face.

Kyoka bobbed her head on the container Momo had in her hands, that she may or may not have pulled out unconsciously. "What'cha got there?"

Momo waved the container, "I told Todoroki to save some dinner for me since I was busy..." Momo trailed off, walking towards one of the counters and placing the container there.

"You were busy doing what?" Kyoka pressed on, slowly walking towards her best friend with caution about Momo's mood.

Momo looked over her shoulder with glassy eyes and a look. A look Kyoka had quickly learned as her most vulnerable look. And Momo trusted Kyoka her vulnerability and gave it to her by will.

Kyoka stood beside her, leaning on the counter, hands tucked in her hoodie pockets, "Did something happen while I was gone..?"

Hesitantly, Momo nodded. Kyoka loves how Momo has been so honest with her after their talk about Mayla's death. It made Kyoka feel special to know that she was at that level of friendship with Momo.

Which added to more reasons why Kyoka hadn't make any more moves to woo Momo. Because she wouldn't take that risk.

"Are you going to tell me about it?" She asked softly. Her hand reached out to Momo's elbow and unconsciously rubbed it, giving Momo more comfort than she had felt in what felt like decades.

"I had an anxiety attack..."

Kyoka smiled reassuringly, "I take it Tokoyami helped you go through it?"

"How did you know?"

"Apparently, Denki had one when he was surrounded by people in the orientation. Tokoyami noticed and gave Denki a lemon and told him to bite on it." She chuckled, "Totally worked."

Seeing the more relaxed posture Momo gave her, Kyoka felt like she could fly.

Heat spread across her cheeks and she looked away to cough in one hand before looking back with a smile and wide arms for Momo. "Do you want a hug?"

Before Kyoka knew it, she was being tackled by a huge lady toward the nearest counter. Momo buried her head deep in Kyoka's shoulder as she hugged the girl like a lifeline. Momo resisted the urge to release a choked sob or cry, already knowing that her crush was safe.

They stayed like that for a while. Just standing. Taking in the warmth and comfort the other was being. Despite Kyoka's small size, she was squeezing Momo as much as the other was squeezing her. 

All of the information dump earlier had finally caught up to her and she felt like passing out at all of her tiredness.

Without her knowledge, she yawned.

That made Momo chuckle, "Tired?"

Kyoka nodded slowly, "Sorry to ruin the mood..." She muttered, ashamed of her rudeness that isn't really rudeness.

"It's alright... I'm tired as well..."

"Can we sleep?"

"No your bed too small for the both of us." Momo said in finality, leaving no room for argument. Not that Kyoka had to argue.

Kyoka nuzzled deep in their embrace, "Then how about yours?" She shouldn't have asked that. She might've ruined their friendship then and there.

What she didn't notice was the way Momo's cheeks burst into red and how Momo had shrugged shakily. "Sure." She said as nonchalantly as she can. "But first, we need to eat dinner."

"Good because I'm starving!"

~

Their relationship is taking a turn next chap. Which will be tomorrow!