Chapter 36

Birthday parties

"I'm Hailey, by the way, and this is James." Hailey and James had found the first group of teenagers that looked close to their age, and had immediately gone to hang out with them. Finding that they enjoyed their company, they had silently agreed that these people would be invited to the party.

"I'm Sky, this is Jake, Dax, and this is Emily."

"Nice to meet you guys. Are you just here on vacation, or do you live in this area?"

Sky shook her head.

"We live in Greece, just further inland. We come here during the summer. We go to Eromayervos." She explained.

"Isn't that a wizarding school?" Haiely asked. Sky nodded.

"So you guys are magic too?"

James and Hailey nodded.

"And we have two more friends that are wizards, they're just doing something else right now." James smirked. Hailey made a face. Sky laughed.

"Ew. It's cool to meet other witches and wizards, though. Usually people are too nervous to say anything, just in case. We have met some other witches and wizards this summer. There's a group of teenagers from Ilvermorny. They're really nice, too. We can introduce you, if you'd like."

"That'd be great!"

They were interrupted by Sirius and Remus coming over.

"These are our friends we were talking about. This is Sirius, and Remus." Hailey pointed to each one. Sky nodded.

"I'm Sky, this is Jake, Dax, and Emily."

Remus and Sirius nodded.

"Sky, Dax, Emily, and Jake are witches and wizards." Hailey said. Remus perked up.

"What school do you go to?"

Sky laughed.

"We go to Eromayervos. It's right here in Greece, just a little closer to where we live."

"They also said they met some students from Ilvermorny."

Sirius furrowed his eyebrows.

"Is that the one in America?"

Dax nodded.

"I think they accept Canadian students as well."

"We're from Hogwarts, and we all live in England."

Jake nodded.

"I could tell from the accents. We've gotten a few Hogwarts students in the past, but never any we liked as much as you guys." He gave a cheeky smile. Hailey laughed.

"We wanted to throw a party for my birthday this week. I'm turning seventeen. Would you guys want to come?"

Emily, who had been talking to Dax, looked up.

"We love parties! Could I help you plan it?"

Hailey nodded.

"I'm assuming you guys love parties too, because you're throwing one in an unfamiliar place where you didn't know anyone just because of a birthday." Sky said.

"It's an important birthday!" Hailey protested.

"But you could have waited to have a party until you got home." Jake pointed out. Hailey shrugged.

"That's a good point."

Remus laughed.

"They really do love their parties."

"They're over here!" Dax called. Sky led the group over to another group of teenagers.

"Hey guys! We wanted to introduce you to some new friends we made! This is Hailey, James, Remus, and Sirius. They're wizards."

One of the boys in the group smiled.

"I'm Chris, and this is Michael, Erica, Alicia, and Nirah." He had a thick Canadian accent.

"Nice to meet you guys." Remus said.

"Oh, you go to Hogwarts?" Nirah asked. Remus nodded.

"We go to Ilvermorny, but I'm sure you already knew that."

James smiled.

"We wanted to throw a party to celebrate Hailey's seventeenth birthday, and we would love if you guys helped us out with it."

"Will the Malfoys be there?" Erica grimaced. Sirius smiled.

"I like you. And no, it would probably just be the..." Sirius counted the people around him. "Thirteen of us." Erica nodded.

"I like parties. And you guys seem cool. What do we need to do?"

~~~~~~

"All these kids are magical?" Mrs. Lowel asked, staring at the group of teenagers entering the house.

"Yeah. Crazy that we met them all, right?"

Mrs. Lowel nodded, still watching the group.

"Well, your father and I are off to dinner. Be good, nothing stronger than butterbeer." She gave Hailey a pointed look.

"I promise. Remus is here, and Michael and Sky both seem like they'd keep us in line, anyway."

Mrs. Lowel hugged her daughter goodbye and left with her husband. When she was certain they were gone, Hailey turned back to the group.

"Who's ready to party?"

The group cheered, and James started the record player. The disco ball had been set up, and the whole house was an ideal party setup in Hailey's opinion. Erica, Sky, Alicia, Dax, Michael, and Jake were playing spin the bottle. Hailey put out a bowl of pretzels out and sat down next to James, kissing his cheek.

"How is this for a seventeenth birthday party?" James asked, winding his arm around her waist. Hailey looked around.

"It wasn't quite the foam party you and I had for your birthday in the Room of Requirement, but I like it a lot."

James laughed.

"I don't think we'll ever have another party like that one, to be honest."

Hailey laughed and rolled her eyes.

"You just liked it because we snogged for a good hour after."

"That's not true! I like spending time with you, it doesn't just have to be snogging. I don't mind snogging, though." He wiggled his eyebrows, making Hailey laugh.

"You guys are kind of the most annoying couple I've ever met, no offence." Emily said, sitting on the couch across from them. Remus looked up from his game of beer pong.

"I've said that for a year now. They were annoying before they got together, but now they're practically unbearable. I still love you guys, though." He said, smiling innocently at Hailey and James.

"Chris and Nirah are almost that bad." Sirius commented, looking over at the couple giggling in the corner. "But don't worry you two, you'll always have the number one in my heart." He looked at Hailey and James. James flipped him off.

"Who wants to play mafia?" Hailey asked, noticing the game of spin the bottle had gotten extremely repetitive. Hearing that most of the group was in favor, she got a deck of cards and shuffled them. As she shuffled, she realized that the pen-pal program included both Ilvermorny and Eromayervos. She looked up.

"Are you guys doing the pen-pal thing next year?"

Erica looked over to her.

"We are, why?"

"I was just thinking, there aren't that many people signed up at Hogwarts, and I can't imagine there are too many in other places, so some of us will probably have each other."

Dax nodded.

"That'd be so cool! We could be friends even though we live countries away from each other."

Hailey nodded. Apparently, her new friends were there to stay.