Chapter 62

Married

Hailey ran her hands over her dress and smiled, taking in her appearance. She looked better than she had ever envisioned herself on her wedding. Her eyes misted, but she fought the tears that threatened to fall.

"Hailey, you look gorgeous." Mrs. Lowel said, hugging Hailey. "I'm so proud of the woman you've become. I know that you made the right choice with James."

"Thank you, Mum. I love you." Hailey said. She wiped away her mother's tears and smiled.

"Look at you, all dressed up. What's the occasion?" Sirius asked from the doorway. Hailey looked over at him.

"I'm attending a wedding. What about you?" She asked, gesturing at his suit. He shrugged.

"Felt like getting dressed up."

Hailey rolled her eyes and hugged him.

"Are you here to deliver a message, or just to see me?" She asked. Sirius laughed and squeezed her.

"Just here to see my favorite bride. Also James asked for me to check on you. He's pretty nervous, pacing and stuff. I tried to tell him you wouldn't get cold feet, but his mind wanders."

Hailey shook her head.

"He's crazy. I've never been more sure about any choice I've ever made."

Sirius chuckled.

"He said almost the same thing about you. I guess you're meant for each other."

"It's almost like we're getting married." Hailey commented dryly. Sirius rolled his eyes.

"I come here to see you and make sure you're okay, and you give me nothing but sass." He said. Hailey shrugged.

"It's my nature. Can't help who I am."

"Well, I'm going to make sure James hasn't done anything rash. You finish making yourself beautiful, and don't run away." Sirius said, hugging Hailey again. He kissed her cheek and left her alone with Mrs. Lowel. Hailey applied lipstick and looked at her appearance. She turned to Mrs. Lowel again.

"You look perfect, darling. Are you ready to go?"

Hailey nodded and took her arm. They walked to the door that Hailey would be walking out of and stood behind Marlene, Lily, and Mary. Lily was now able to walk, her wounds being healed, but was still a bit weak from the loss of blood.

"Hailey, you look stunning." Mr. Lowel said. Hailey kissed his cheek and thanked him. She took his arm, and they faced the front. Mrs. Lowel left to sit with the guests, and Hailey took a deep breath. She was getting married.

The music began, and the doors opened. Mary went first, then Marlene and Lily. Finally, there was just Hailey and Mr. Lowel left. They walked together, careful not to move so quickly that Hailey tripped, and finally made it to the end of the aisle. Hailey hugged Mr. Lowel and turned to James.

"You look beautiful." He mouthed. Hailey could see him tearing up, but refused to let her own eyes mist.

"Thanks." She said quietly. He chuckled, and the tall wizard behind them spoke up.

"We are gathered her today to..."

Hailey tuned out the man as he gave introductions. All she could focus on was James's face. That was the face of her fiance, soon to be husband.

"Hailey?" The wizard behind them asked. Hailey started and turned to him.

"Sorry?"

"Your vows."

"Oh! Yeah. So, we promised to keep these relatively short, because we decided none of you wanted to listen to us drone on about how much we love each other. James, you're everything I could want in a partner. You're kind, compassionate, funny, and you always keep me calm. I can't even express how happy I am to marry you, and I wish I could have done it years ago. I love you more than I thought I could ever love someone, and I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you. Thank you for being my best friend and confidant." She finished, wiping a stray tear from her eye.

"James?"

"Hailey, I want to start off by thanking you for being here. I appreciate it." James started. There was an appreciative chuckle throughout the crowd, and he continued.

"You're the best thing that ever happened to me. You got me through things I didn't think I could get through, you've always been my rock, no matter how hard things get. When we broke up in our seventh year, I realized how much I need you in my life and how I never want to let you go again. I'm glad that you agreed to marry me, because I think I would be a terrible mess if you would have said no. I love you with everything in me, and I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you."

Hailey looked at James, and the world around them seemed to stop. All she could see was James. He was there, he would always be there. She smiled, eyes welling up as she and James stared at each other.

"By the power vested in me by the Ministry of Magic, I pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride."

"Finally." James said. Hailey let out a laugh as James pulled her close to him and kissed her. She flung her arms around his neck as the crowd cheered. When they broke apart, James smiled at her.

"I love you, Mrs. Potter."

Hailey smiled widely.

"And I love you, Mr. Potter."

They smiled once again before James reconnected their lips. Hailey smiled into the kiss, unable to keep her happiness at bay.

She was the happiest person on Earth.