Anxiety

(anxiety disorder, panic attacks, and vomit)

(inspired by @Panda_2007 )

I look down at my phone to see Ace's message.

Dami... I think I'm about to have a panic attack.

I pay for our coffee quickly before sprinting home. I sling the door open and she's nowhere to be found. I hear her gagging. It sounds like it coming from the kitchen. I rush into the kitchen and sure enough there she is leaning over the sink, retching. I run over her and pull her hair back with a hair bow quickly. I quickly run and get a washcloth pouring cold water on it before running back and placing it on her forehead.

After a few more moments of her retching, I hear the liquid hit the metal sink. She convulses a few more times and I watch as the vomit hits the metal. She stops to breathe, thinking she's done I turn away for a moment. I go to grab her anxiety medicine and hear her whimper before the retching starts again. At this point, I couldn't tell if she was having a panic attack or just sick. She dry heaves a couple of times before she puts her head on the metal of the cold sink. I watch as she shakily turns the sinks water on in an attempt to wash the vomit down the drain.

She takes the wet cloth she had on her forehead moments before and wipes her mouth with it. I walk back over to her taking my index finger and tracing circles on her back. She lifts her head off of the sinks wiping the tears that had been forced out of her eyes.

"Go lay on the couch I'll bring you some saltine crackers and ginger ale." I whisper and she nods. I watch as she slowly walks to the couch to lay down.

-WORD COUNT: 313-