Hold me while you wait

(Abuse)

I bandage up my cuts and ice my bruises before going to meet up with my childhood best friend, Damiar. I had backtalked Trevor again and like always he got physical. The bruises fail to fade away and I know I 'm going to be questioned as soon as he sees me. I walk into the small cafe we agreed to meet at and immediately saw him. I walk over to the table he's sitting at hoping he wouldn't notice the bruises all over my legs or the one I tried to cover up with makeup. I had been lying to him about what happened every time he noticed but I decided that if he notices today I would tell him the truth.

"You're covered in bruises... what happened?" he asks and I look at him.

"Trevor..." I whisper.

"Why didn't you tell me?!" he asks, his voice full of pain.

"I was scared." I tell him softly.

"I wish that I was good enough..." he mumbles and I shoot him a questioning look.

"If only I could wake you up." he shakes his head.

"My love." I hear him whisper.

"My love?" I question.

"My love!!" he yells and everyone in the cafe looks at us.

"My love..." I breathe. I look at my phone and realize Trevor wants me home.

"I have to go." I tell him quickly.

"Won't you stay awhile?" he asks.

"I can't..." I tell him softly.

"I wish you'd cared a little more!!" he cries out.

"Dami... please I care I promise." tears threaten my eyes.

"I wish you'd told me this before..." I look at him and see the tears streaming down his face. I watch as he hesitates.

"Ace, I'm in love with you..." he mumbles and my breath hitches.

"I'm not ready to be one of your mistakes..." I cry.

"One of my mistakes?" he asks.

"Trevor told me I was just another one of his mistakes I can't be one of your mistakes.." I murmur.

"You aren't going to be another one of my mistakes. God no... you-"

"Didn't think I'd find you, huh?" his voice booms as I turn around to see him. Trevor.

"I'm sorry I was just saying bye..." I tremble.

"You're a dumb bitch if you think I believe that." he snarls walking towards me.

"Leave me alone!!" I yell as he puts his hands on me. A few people who are watching us pull out their phones to record while others call 911. Within minutes the police show up.

"You bitch!! You set this up didn't you?!" he asks yelling.

"What? No!!" I squeak out before he starts getting physical. I look at Damiar, pain fills my eyes as he's frozen in shock and anger. The police rush into the cafe, Trevor looks at them before grabbing a knife off of the table next to us and putting it to my throat. The police instantly called for back up.

"Let me go!!" I scream crying. People who wanted no part of the situation quickly paid for there food and drinks before leaving.

"I'll go home with you just please don't kill me..." I whisper and I watch as Trevor puts the knife down and takes my hand. we start walking away from the knife and as soon as we're far enough I jerk away running to Damiar grabbing the knife for protection.

"Just let me go." I plead. The police swarm around him quickly. I listen to the sound of cuffs being put on him and watch as they take him out to the cruiser.

"Are you okay?" one of the officers asks and I nod.

"Okay well, we're going to take him down to the station. You won't have to worry about him ever again." the officer tells me. As soon as they left I fell into Damiar's arms.

"Shh, it's okay.." Damiar hushes me.

-WORD COUNT: 650-