Trying My Best

(PLAY SONG)

"I know you think I got it all figured out." I breathe.

"'Cause I walk around like my head's in the clouds." I laugh slightly.

"But I'm just a girl with her heart pouring out of her head." I look at the black-haired boy.

"I wish that you could see the pain that I've seen. And all of the times I spent being not me. I hope you know that it's not always happy in my head." I watch as the boy looks at me.

"'Cause I don't know..." I start.

"The perfect road to go down but I know..." I continue stopping to take a deep breath.

"I'm trying my best. I'm trying my best to be okay. I'm trying my best but every day it's so hard." tears threaten my eyes.

"And I'm holding my breath." I continue ignoring the tears.

"I'm holding my breath 'til I can say all of the words I wanna say from my heart." the tears finally fall.

"If you really wanted I could let you inside. It's been so long and I've got nothing left to hide." I tell him. He's a great listener.

"Would you believe me if I told you that I've got flaws?" I ask and he shakes his head.

"Now it's time to let the curtains unfold and tell all the stories that I didn't want told." I sigh.

"I let it out so I unburden my soul I won't stop." I finish and look at him as if I'm seeking a response.

"'Cause you don't know the perfect road to go down but I know. You're trying your best." he starts.

"You're trying your best to be okay. You're trying your best but every day it's so hard and you're holding your breath. You're holding your breath 'til you can say all of the words you wanna say from your heart." he continues.

" You're trying your best." he finishes before pulling me into a kiss. He pulls away keeping our foreheads together.

"We'll find the perfect road to go down together." he breathes and I smile.

-WORD COUNT: 339-