Treatise 4

Dear lovely readers, another breath hitching chapter for ya all!
Hopefully, the storyline is giving you enough surprises and it's worthy enough to read!

Let's start with a new chapter today.

"The Chaste Heart"

Roshni's pov

I felt like I was floating in thin air....my locks fumbling with my speed and the gush of air, around me.

Heavy thumping breaths and a hard rhythmic beat kept coming to my ears but I can't seem to point out what it was.

But the warmth that had engulfed me was inscrutable, yet it felt so soothing.

Then I felt I was put on a soft fluffy cloud and a feather like soft silky warm touch came in contact with my ice cold skin and then....

Silence

A complete silence!

I flinch opened my eyes with heavy breaths and saw a very panicked Aadarsh Bhaiya and Adikrit Bhaiya.
(Bhaiya means elder brother, of course I know that you guys know but it's for non hindi readers)

I was in my room, well that was a relief but what were they doing in my room in this early morning.? It is not likely that they walk into my room like this.

I began to speak but nothing came out but a hoarse rasp.

My throat seemed dead and dry.

Adikrit Bhaiya spoke - Easy there Rosh!

He passed me a glass of some warm liquid and gestured me to drink and I did.

What happened? - I asked gulping the air

I should be the one asking you this Roshni! - Aadarsh bhaiya roared

What were you doing in that part of the jungle.? How did you even got out? - he asked and I flinched at his harsh tone

Tears began to flow from my eyes on their own accord. I had never seen him this angry.

Thankfully, Adikrit bhaiya put his hand on his shoulder and he relaxed a bit. His eyes softened when he saw my tears.

Rosh, nightingale! You almost gave us a heart attack!
Never ever do that again!
God forbid, if something had happened to you, I would have died in guilt that I could not safeguard you!
I should be thanking the stars that this officer was there on his duty at that time. - he spoke

Of... Officer? Who? - I asked confused

That's him Rosh! You should be thankful too! - bhaiya said pointing towards a man

A handsome man!

My eyes widened when I saw that person standing in my room. I had never seen that man before....but he looked quite dominating and influential.

His eyes were glued to my face and I felt heated up.

Why was he staring at me like that?
Who was he?

What happened? - i asked again

Do you remember where were you miss last night? - that person asked in his demanding voice