Treatise 11

Dear readers!
Back with a new Update!
Let's continue from where we had left last time.

"Lion and the Belle"

Roshni's pov

Oh, the stories that my grand ma had told me since my childhood, were nothing compared to the truth that is in front of me.

I never believed her tales when she told me that the Legends were real. The Legends were the heros.
The Jungle king, the Singha was not just a mythical creature but it was indeed true. And I would just laugh mentally.
But now the Irony is, I am in the embrace of one Ferocious Lion myself.
And his eyes were shinning scarlet and this is not my dream.

He is Real!
The Legend is Real!
The way he had held me, the way he saved me from that serpent, I could tell he was powerful, I tried to fear him but the warmth his body emitted and the longing his eyes had, was soothing and so very captivating.
And surprisingly, my mind was at ease. I don't even know if i should feel this way or not but right now, right here, looking into his eyes, I was feeling protected.
I was feeling as if he had built a shield around me and I could vouch that he won't let any harm come near me!

And all my thoughts were Real.!
Legends do exist!
And no, they are not Dangerous!

Oh God!
If this is all true, can it be true That... That...h...he has a human mate too....and....am i special too?
What about those bride dolls offerings?
Were the legends really behind the sudden disappearances and so called marriages?

Can it be that he is the Singha and I....i...am his Belle...just...like grand ma always says?

No.... No...don't even go there Rosh!
Not everything we know about the Legends is true!

This can't be True!

My mind was bursting from insides....my heartbeat was super fast....thinking about the possibilities, I had goosebumps around my neck....but a sudden growl again got me back into senses and i could feel the hold on me was loosening!

What? Why?

I opened my eyes and saw that the Ferocious Lion I was talking about was in pain...?

I looked for the cause, that's when I saw that the serpent had bit him, while he was trying to protect me.

He took that venom upon himself for me!

No!!!
What have i done???

I found him loosing it's grip so I held him back tightly by his paws and quickly threw a little pebble that I could find at the serpent who was now crawling away in the woods.
But the painful grunts that let out from the Lion's mouth, I knew it was a poisonous snake and it had left it's poison deep into his flesh.
He was so heavy and it was nearly impossible for me to hold him any longer, his painful grunts made my eyes wet.
I looked into his eyes that was closing and it was clear that he was in immense pain and I didn't know what I should do.
All my worries of getting back to our college troop vanished and the only thing on mind was to save him somehow.

I tried to drag us to a safer place and thankfully somehow I managed to reach a clean shedded place. The moment I removed my hands from its paws, it fell on the ground with a thud and I swear I felt the land shaking, it was that powerful.

His eyes closed, and I could see little teardrops too. I did not know what I am supposed to do...but I wanted to save him. I looked at the emergency kit for something and I found a little knief and I knew what I had to do.
With shivering hands, I held the knief and gluped.
I knew what I was about to do could cost my life but I had to give it a shot, atleast it would save this beautiful jungle gift.

Slowly, I pressed the knief on the bite mark on its leg and the lion jerked and growl making me shriek.
The lion opened its eyes and they glowed, I could sense that he was angry, my hands on its own accord, reached
its mane and it was so soft that I felt like running my fingers through it and I did so. The lion seemed to like the touch and he closed its eyes again, may be he was ok with me taking out that venom. I pressed the knief some more and took out some blood which I thought was mixed with poison and I felt him burry his head into my neck with a growl.

I was a shivering mess myself, I was scared.... Don't know the reason though.

Whether it was the fact that I was with a mighty Lion or the horrible truth that i was Lost in the jungle and probably none of the students from the troop remembered that.

Both our heavy breathing mixed with each other and we both were lost in each other's embrace and soon I think my eyes were dropping.

The last thing I saw was a beautiful Rainbow across the mountains above the tall deodars.

My eyes feasted on the picturesque view and soon I was deep in darkness

*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*

I was running......aimless....tears flowing through my eyes....i was running for my life....without a destination....i was just Running!

It was one of those Un-fateful nights full of thunderstorms and blazing lights when I lost both my parents.

I don't remember much but I do remember how scared I was and how much I had cried.

Their painful screams and the oozing blood made my entire self numb.
But they had made me promise that I will escape the Beast.
And I was trying....my legs hurt but I knew I should not stop!

Because a Beast was chasing me!

And something in my mind told me I can not stop....He can not and must not reach me!
So, I kept running!

Untill I saw the Light!

My vision was blurred.....my heart pounding....but I smiled looking at the person in front of me!

He was the Legend!
But why can't I see his Face?

And He was my Home!

I opened my eyes and a soothing fragrance filled my nostrils.
I looked around me....but soon panicked when I saw I was in a place I didn't know and can't remember.

Was I dreaming?

Where am I?

The room looked exquisite!

What am I doing here?

I had no idea how I came here!

I was deep in my thoughts when I heard the door opened and walked in....!

What The fricking Fish!!!

It's Him!!!

Not Again!!!!

Hello peeps!
So how was it?
Finally, Roshni is sure of existence of The Legend.
But will Ashikshit accept that he is the One!
Will Roshni find out the hard way?
Stay tuned to find out!

See you all soon.