Prompt AU- Lance x Gender Neutral! Reader

(Here's the basic prompt synopsis, but I added other details in the short story for additional reasoning and support:

Love interest and BFF stroll beside Reader-Chan -> Reader-Chan accidentally grabs/holds Love interest's hand instead of BFF's hand.

That's kind of the gist of it but I have it in a little short story guest-starring everyone's favorite gremlin! *wink wink* I also made it gender neutral so you can be crushing on Lance, no matter what your gender is.)

Pidgeon =s Best Wing-Person

[FLUFF]

Summer of 2019...

(Y/N) invited their best friend Katie Holt (aka Pidge) to go with them to the local Dave 'N Busters, but they didn't tell her about their crush, Lance, going also. (Y/N) felt like Pidge would be a decent wing person and was excited that their plan was running smoothly. "Fiiiiine, I'll bring extra money for food. I know the place is fancy for an arcade, but I could totally hack the cash system so we can get free food. Y'know what I'm sayin'?" They groaned over the phone the day before the trip. "Why aren't-" Pidge raised a brow from the other side. "If you could ask your mom to drive us over there, that would be awesome. I need your help for this to work, you're my best friend!" (Y/N) added. Katie smirked and replied, "I am your best friend, huh?" "Yep!" They chirped in agreement. "Okay, I'll be there. We're gonna have tons of fun!" Pidge confirmed and hung up.

~~~~

"Thank you Mrs. Holt!" (Y/N) and Lance chorused as they got out of Colleen's SUV (Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that's the name of Pidge's mom.). "I'll be back in the front of this place at 3:30. And Katie?" Pidge stepped closer to her mom's vehicle. "Behave and stick together. No fighting, alright?" Mrs. Holt commanded. Her voice more concerned for her daughter than mad. "Got it." Katie nodded and hesitantly joined her friends as they entered the hip arcade.

Lance felt something warm in his hand. It's (Y/N)'s hand! He thought to himself at the sight when he glanced down at the floor, They're so cute! The ecstatic Cuban held (Y/N)'s hand as well while they got their game cards and started exploring.

(Pidge made sure to take tons of pictures to send Hunk of her "ship")

~~~~

That's it for this one, I just wanted to add something different. Sorry if it's shorter than you're used to, but that's kinda what I was unintentionally going for. klancetrashforever I'm working on the texting au part 2! <3