8| Meeting

Meetings

"She was not fragile like a flower, she was fragile like a bomb"

Mariana's POV

It had been a few days since the boys little escape to London.
I was surprised there had been no comeback yet, there was no doubt that Sabini has been informed of our scene at the club.

It was nightfall now and I finished locking the bar up, stepping out onto the path and beginning my journey home, I normally walked to and from the bar as I lived nearby.

As I was walking down the street, the sound of my heels clicking against the concrete were matched with the sound of heavy footsteps, I discreetly looked behind me to see 3 men following me.
I tried to pick my feet up, walking faster and faster down the road, but the footsteps only got more prominent.

I only had a gun and a knife on me, and there were three of them, so I started running, only for them to chase me.
These had to be Sabini's men, who else would chase me down the fucking street?

Eventually I felt my hair get yanked back and I was pushed up against a wall, an older and greasy looking man snarling in my face as the other two pinned my arms and legs to the wall.

"Miss Cortéz. Sabini says hello" he said, swiftly punching me in the stomach afterwards, I groaned but tried to maintain face
He grabbed my face in his hand and pushed my head back against the wall.

"Pretty little thing ain't ya?" He smiled
"I'm sure Sabini won't mind if we had a bit of fun eh lads?" He laughed, pushing my head further into the brick and smashing his mouth onto my own.

I squirmed and struggled and bit his lip until he finally pulled away, pulling a knife out of his pocket, blood dripping from his lip.
I was not going to be a victim again and I certainly was not going to be humiliated by Sabini's men.

I turned my head to the side and head butted the man to my left, he staggered back holding his nose, he'd let go of my body though so I turned around and grabbed the other man by the hair and smashed his head into the wall.

At the very same moment, the one that kissed me stabbed his knife into my leg
I cried out, momentarily distracted and allowing him to shove me against the wall again, my face colliding with the brick and I fell to the ground.

He laughed, slowly moving closer to me, I heaved on the floor, getting onto my hands and knees and quickly grabbing my knife from my thigh, slashing him across the face as he bent down to pick me up.

He cried out in pain and held his face, I grabbed my gun from my coat pocket and shot the man holding his nose, he dropped to the floor with a thud, I then turned and shot the unconscious man I had smacked against the wall
I decided to leave the main one alive... someone needed to report back to Sabini that I wasn't taking this lying down.