19| Deal

Deal

"People don't change, they reveal who they really are"

Alfie's POV

"Alfie" Sabini greeted me
He'd insisted on coming round, obviously wanting to talk about Tommy's lot running a riot all over London.

We sat down, Ollie by my side and Sabini opposite me, looking ever the twat he's always been.
"Did you know they was going to take the Eden club?" He asked me, his annoying whiny voice making me cringe.

"I know about the Eden club. Yes" I said, it was actually Mar's idea.
Anyone could overtake Sabini. But she'd said it would really hurt his ego if we hit his family.
Taking the Eden from his cousin was a severe blow to his reputation.

"Did you know they were going to do it before they did it?
Because that's the someone who's in charge, isn't it?
The one who knows before it happens" he stated.

Fucking hell he was an insufferable prick
"I know what I know, you know.
If you don't know, then you don't fucking know do you?" I replied.
I fucking hated Sabini, he was a little posh twat who always thought he was the most important git in the room.
If I had the chance to irritate him, I'd take it.

"Did you know they were going to take the Wimbledon docks? Harringay? The trotting tracks?" He asked, obviously quite pissed off.
Tommy took the tracks, it was Mar who took over the docks, I just put my bookies on the tracks and used the ports Mar was offering.

"Talk, alright? I genuinely want to hear you" I said.
Sometimes you had to go purposefully out of your way to be a dickhead. It was the only way to find out what the enemy wants.

"You've lost control Alfie" he pointed out
"Have I?" I asked back
"Everybody knows, running round with gypsies, getting that fucking bitch down south on your side" he said calmly.

I knew Sabini didn't like Mariana, but the feeling was mutual. They never got on.
That had my mind wondering to her, probably for the thousandth time today.
I hadn't seen her since our date.
I was getting worried about her.

"Talk to me Alfie" he said in that smug tone he carries around with him.

"Talk to you?" I asked
"All right, I'll talk to you. I'll fucking tell you how it was, right? What happened was this.
All the time you were talking about dirty fucking Jews. All the fucking time,
dirty fucking Jews, dirty Kikes, dirty dustbin lids..." he was an arsehole.

He was always banging on about us Jews, making fucking jokes like he weren't some Italian prick no one wanted to do business with.
"Everybody makes fucking jokes. I didn't know you had no sense of humour!" He threw back.