Introducing Jellal

Chapter 2

I was sitting on my comfy bed playing Call of Duty 3 on my XBox, until someone knocked at my door. I glanced at the bottom of my screen to see what time it was. It read: 6:45am. Hah. I'm definitely going to be late for my first day at a new school. What a shame. I chuckle to myself. I take my headphones off of my head and run my hand through my messy blue hair as I get up to open the door. As I opened the door it revealed a familiar face of my annoying brother Siegrain. I grumbled and threw myself on my bed not wanting to interact with anyone.

" Hey big bro. Have you been playing video games all night?"

"Maybe" He sighed and sat on the edge of my bed.

I picked up my controller and unpaused my game, continuing where I left off, pounding away at the buttons as gunfire filled the room.

" Jellal."

I ignored him and focused on my game, the zombies were trying to break my boards from the windows down. Damn, I need to get to the mystery box. 

"Jellal!" Siegrain said louder. " You need to get ready for school." That's it. I slammed down my controller and grabbed the scruff of his shirt, pulling him off my bed and slamming his back against the wall. I frickin hate it when my younger brother tells me what to do, especially when I'm trying to ignore him.

" You are about 5 seconds away from going out the window." I threatened him gritting my teeth.

" I know why you are like this all the time, and frankly I'm worried about you, especially because I'm not going to be in the same school as you anymore." He confessed. I tightened my hold on him.

" Oh yeah, I'm sure you are sooooo worried about me. If I were you, I would let me deal with this by myself." I growled, not letting him know what I'm really feeling.

" Jellal, you can't deal with this alone. I know you…" He paused. " I know you miss her too, but ignoring me and acting like a jerk to everyone in school isn't going to bring her back." I bit my lip, deciding to let go of Siegrain and then turned my head away in defeat.

" D..Don't mention her again please." I whispered under my breath.

" Yea yeah, ok bro, I guess it'll take time." He sighed as he patted my back." I'm going to be late to school, so I gotta go. Get ready and try to not be a dumbass today. I'll see you later." 

" Ok. But you know I can't help starting trouble." I chuckled as I watched him give me a goofy grin and slip out of my door. Siegrain was always known for being an annoying goofball, while I'm known for being a troublemaker. I mean I did happen to get kicked out of my previous school, where Sieg still attends. The sad thing is that I never used to be a jerk. It all happened after that incident. I just found out that it's better to not let anyone get to you by acting like you dont give a shit about anything serious. It usually works for me until Sieg tries to get me to open up. 

I sighed and rubbed my eyes that hurt from playing video games all night. I do miss the way things were before, now it's just me and Siegrain.

----------

I grabbed my car and house keys as I walked through the kitchen. I decided since I'm already late, I might as well take my time and pick up breakfast on the way to school. It's about a 20 minute drive to school and my favorite cafe is right around the corner so sadly, won't be as late as I want to be haha.

I got into my car and started driving towards the cafe. When I arrived, I parked, locked my car and walked inside. I ordered the usual decaf coffee with a slice of blueberry pie. I'm kinda surprised they serve pie for breakfast, but it's why it's my favorite. 

I took my oh sweet time eating my pie and looked at my watch. It was 7:15. Oh my. I chuckled, and decided I should probably head to school.

---------

When I finally arrived at the new building of Fairy Tail High, I just looked at it and snorted. I wonder how much trouble I will end up getting in.Taking my phone out, I checked my online schedule and headed into the school to find my class. As soon as I found it I snickered to myself. What if I made my entrance an unforgettable one? My, what a good idea, Jellal. I nodded in approval to my inner voice. Then I slammed open the door, introducing me to several pairs of eyes looking at my direction. One pair of chocolate brown eyes caught my attention. I smirked as I noticed she was in shock at my intrusion, she looked as if she was giving a speech or something. I saw that she was looking me up and down, so I decided to do the same to her. She was dressed in a white blouse, with a blue ribbon and wore a blue skirt. Of course I can't forget her beautiful scarlet hair that laid perfectly across her shoulders. I look back at her face, which was fuming with anger, I could practically see the steam rising from her head. My, my, and her fists were clenched. Just then the teacher stood up.

" Ok class, this is our new exchange student, Mr Jellal Fernandes!" He introduced me to the class and invited me to come to the front of the room. I widened my smirk in acceptance and walked forward towards the scarlet haired girl.

" Yo!" I greeted, not giving a single damn that I was like 20 minutes late. I turned my head yet again towards the girl and saw that she was even more pissed off. Just as she was about to explode at me, the teacher stepped in and whispered something to the red head about calming down. I heard her snort, but then she seemed to stand down and shot one last scowl at me before she retreated to her seat.

" Ok Mr Fernandes, you may find a seat, there is one right next to Miss Scarlet and Mr Fullbuster." The teacher told me. Hmmm. So that's her name. Scarlet. Just like the color of her hair, how ironic. I then noticed that the teacher also said Mr Fullbuster. Mr Fullbuster? As in Gray Fullbuster? I turned my attention towards the seat next to the empty one and sure enough I noticed the familiar raven haired boy from my old school. He had gone to the same school as me for 3 year until he transferred here, due to some girl named Juvia apparently annoying him. He was also one of my best friends and my trouble making buddy. I never thought I would get to see him again let alone make trouble with him again.

I took the seat next to him and he smiled at me, giving me a fist bump in greeting. I smiled knowing that at least I know someone in this new school. Maybe this year won't be so bad after all.

Sorry for another somewhat boring chapter but I had to introduce some kind of tragic story that Erza and Jellal can relate to. As you know in the anime/manga, that is how they found each other and learned to love each other cuz of the tragic backstory they shared. I will do a flashback for both of their tragic events( I already know which chapter Jellals will be, I did a lot of brainstorming, it will be in about 4 more chapters if I don't change it) 
Also, I bet you guys can guess who "she" is hehe
Next chapter will be released either later today or tomorrow, hope y'all will stick around for it.