Don't Be Scared (Ralph x Fem!Reader)

(dedicated to yunlqn on insta 💘 they're always so very sweet and supportive!! hiya if ur readin this:])
details:
fluff
strong language
You were always taught that fear is something that held you back. But this time, fear lured you instead into an abandoned house with a friend.

A smile spreads across your face as your roommate, Sebastian, welcomes you into the apartment. A bag of McDonald's in his hand, he closes the door and follows you in.

"You didn't have to get me food, Seb." You said, sitting down on the couch and slipping your muddy shoes off.

Sebastian pulls the beanie off his head and ruffles his long black hair. "Well, I did. We're roommates now. I usually do this for every roommate I've had."

You giggle. "How many roommates have you had?"

"Not a lot." Sebastian sighed, taking the large box of nuggets out of the bag and emptying the rest of it out, sweet and sour sauce packets spilling out in numbers.

"Jesus! You overdid it with the sauce! Not that I'm complaining, though."

Sebastian smiles, shoving a nugget into his mouth. "Have you been around town yet?"

"No, only to the coffee shop and that's it. I haven't looked around much."

"Wanna drive around for a bit? There's a lot of shit you can do. Break into abandoned houses, get hot dogs, stare at pigeons."

"Well, it wouldn't hurt to look around," You said, grabbing a few nuggets and throwing them on a plate.

"Hey, wanna watch a horror movie or something? I've got a few." Sebastian asked, getting his fair share of nuggets and taking a seat on the couch next to you.

"Yeah, sure. You got The Sixth Sense by any chance?"

"You bet."

Sebastian Roza was your new roommate in a quaint apartment in Detroit. Of Hispanic and Native American decent, he was a real kind guy. He had this sort of biker style to him and always did things his own way. You never roomed with a guy, but the two of you bonded over a lot of things and surprisingly had a lot in common. When you met at a local bar, though, everyone assumed you were dating him. The truth was far from that.

For once, life was decent.

"Have you seen this movie?" Sebastian asked as he chewed on a nugget.

"Nope." You replied as you dunked a nugget in the sweet and sour sauce.

"Oh. I won't spoil the ending yet, then."

"I don't mind spoilers."

"So, the guy Bruce Willis plays is actually dead, but he thinks he's not. That's why he's trying so hard to help the little kid. The truth is, he died when he got shot in the beginning. He never actually survived and that's why his wife ignores him so much."

Your eyes widened at the realization. "Whoa."

"Pretty fucked up, huh?"

You nodded and finished up the last of your nuggets, letting out a loud belch. "Oops. 'Scuse me."

"Around these parts, 'scuse me don't cut it. You gotta pay in blood!" Sebastian teased, pointing the small switchblade he owned at your neck.

"Hey, be careful with that thing, Seb! It almost cut me in the car."

"Whoops, sorry. Should probably pick up a carrying case for it or something."

"Definitely. So, what are we gonna do today?"