Trick or Treat (Mirio Togata x F!Reader)🖤

(AN: soooo just finished s4 of MHA and oh my gosh ,, Mirio. that's all I have to say. he's an absolute ray of sunshine and I'd die for him, so here's some fluffy smut because he deserves the best. Mirio is canonically 18 so no complaints you fools. this is definitely gonna be out of canon. does anyone actually read these?)

"C'mon, (Y/N)! Class 1A is throwing an early Halloween bash!" Hado exclaims, dragging you by your forearm.

"H-Hey, Hado, slow down!"

"Do we have to go?" Tamaki groans. "Where's Mirio, by the way?"

You raise an eyebrow. Mirio was an unfamiliar name; apparently he was always around Hado and Tamaki, but right now he wasn't around. Come to think of it, you'd never met the guy. Although you were both third-years, you don't recall meeting a Mirio.

"He's helping out Class 1A, dummy! Wait, wait," Hado gasps and stops to think for a moment. "Hang on, you've never met Mirio! Oh, my gosh, I need to introduce you two, you're literally his type!"

"His type?!"

"Nijire, please stop embarrassing (Y/N)." Tamaki sighs, scratching the back of his neck. "Sorry about that, (Y/N), Nijire's kinda been telling Mirio about you and--"

"What? I don't even know the guy, how do you know I'm his 'type' of all things?"

"Well, Nijire had the smart idea of telling Mirio all about you. You know, your quirk, your personality, all that jazz. To be honest, Mirio couldn't stop smiling. It was like you were the most interesting person he's ever heard about."

You haven't even met him or heard of him before, but he sounded like a good guy. Anyone who thought your quirk was cool was good to you.

Your quirk, of course--the ability to call on deadly and venomous insects and arachnids of all shapes and sizes. They didn't have to even be deadly, either. When you weren't out training, you were normally taking care of your pet tarantula, Hamlet--whom the staff agreed to let you keep if you actually took care of it, which of course, you did--or even hanging out with the butterflies that would come in when you opened your window. Your peers weren't very fond of having the different "creepy crawlies" out and about, though, so Hamlet would stay in his terrarium and the butterflies would go back outside until you arrived back to your dorm.

Your hero name: Insectoid.

Maybe Mirio was different--maybe he could handle the bugs that you befriended and controlled, maybe he really was a cool guy. But for you to be his "type" as Hado put it...it was almost like you were being set up for a date.

You sigh, looking up at the dimmed sky, just now turning orange as the sun sets. "I'll have to talk to him first. Get to know him. I don't like to rush stuff like that."

"Right! Don't worry, (Y/N), we won't bug you."

You roll your eyes playfully at Hado's joke. "Yeah, thanks."

You adjust the wig of your Bride of Frankenstein getup, which Tamaki absolutely insisted you wear for some reason. Apparently Hado and Tamaki wanted to put together a "Universal Monsters" theme for the party. Hado was dressed as Dracula, and Tamaki was the Wolfman.

That only left this Mirio person...was he Frankenstein's monster? Is that why Tamaki insisted on your costume?

Whatever the case, you were excited; for both the party and also to meet Mirio. He really did sound like a cool guy, yet you were still anxious about talking to him.

You didn't want the anxiety to ruin your night, however. You were ready to go through mazes and haunted houses and whatever else Class 1A was planning.

"Hey, guys! It's about time you--"