A Taste of Heaven (Modern!James Harcourt x Fem!Reader)🖤

details: smut
Modern AU
strong/nsfw language, alcohol usage
A friend and a long-time colleague of James Harcourt, you start to realize that the nights are much tougher when you're still pining for him. (this character is from Alice Through the Looking Glass. he's underrated and hot af and he needs more content.)
s/o to wonderlandrose14since they have a lil cameo!!

"Rough day, huh?"

You look up from your glass of whiskey to see your friend and roomie Ilosovic Stayne smiling at you.

"Oh. Hey, Ilo. Didn't realize you were coming to the bar too."

Stayne was, how would you say it, tall as all fuck. He almost reached the ceiling in height. Approximately 7'6, you'd say. Besides being the tallest guy you had ever met, he was also the thinnest. He really needs to eat more. Although the very few times you had seen him shirtless, like at the water parks, he was built fairly well, just lean.

Apart from his lanky figure, his jaw was chiseled and he had these bizarre scars stretching at his left eye. A singular heart-shaped eyepatch stuck to it, covering his eye. Usually he'd change the colours out. Tonight he was wearing a holographic black one. As usual his hair was tied up into a bun and he wore dark eyeliner that made his icy blue eyes pop.

"I needed to take some time off, as well. How are you doing?"

"I'm...okay. I think."

" 'You think'? What's wrong?"

You sigh, watching him take a sip of vodka. "Well...I've been having trouble. With some stuff. I'm not sure how to explain it."

"Hey, we've been friends since, like, kindergarten. You can tell me anything."

"You know...James...right?"

"Harcourt? The guy with the pretty eyes?"

"Yeah, that one. I...I'm starting to have feelings for him. I don't know where they're coming from, but...I just can't sleep when he's in my head all the time."

Stayne nods. "Mm. You guys talk though, right?"

"Yeah, we talk on Instagram sometimes. He's just...so sweet. Do you think he likes me back?"

"Well, don't see why he wouldn't."

"What do you mean?"

Stayne pulls out his phone and clears his throat. "Wanna see our DM's?"

"You guys talk too?"

"Yes, we're mutuals. Wanna see?"

You nod, looking over at Stayne's phone as he scrolls through his messages with James.

"Ok, here's where he started talking about you." Stayne says, handing his phone over to you.

You start looking through the messages, not expecting the ride you were up for.

jamesisnthere: hey man. can I talk to you about something?

stayneisinpain: yeah sure. what's up?

jamesisnthere: you know (Y/N), right? she's your friend?

stayneisinpain: yeah, we grew up together. what about her?

jamesisnthere: is she single?

stayneisinpain: single and probably ready to mingle. don't actually know if she's ready to date anyone yet