Break Hours (Karl Heisenberg x OC, read desc!)🖤

This is something a little bit different. I'll be using this to sort of introduce my RE8 OC, Vera Arnaud. Vera goes by she/they pronouns, is French and a New Zealander. She's Heisenberg's "apprentice", sort of like a help around the factory. Vera is completely in love with Karl, however their relationship is more friends with benefits than anything. After all, a factory life is stressful for the both of them. Vera loves Heisenberg and would do anything to protect him, but sometimes her protectiveness may get a little out of control... (also there's a bit of French dialogue from the both of them, you may or may not want a translator handy. may be a little bit broken bc google sucks.)

"Monsieur Heisenberg? May I come in?"

"Hm? Oh, yeah. Come on in."

The apprentice takes a seat in the metal-worker's office, crossing her legs on the armchair in front of his desk. They don't speak at first, provoking Heisenberg to clear his throat.

"So? What's so important, Arnaud?"

"S-Sorry. Um, I was wondering...if we could take a little break...from work, you know, just the two of us. We could, ah...we could get a breath of fresh air, a-and..."

Vera looks up at him. He taps his cigar ashes into the tray and glares into her eyes.

"And why would I take a break from all this hard work, hm? So much progress has already been done, why would I take a break?"

Vera flinches at Heisenberg's sudden change of tone. "I'm sorry, I didn't want to offend you."

"Why'd you flinch?"

"I didn't."

"Yes, you did," Heisenberg lowers his tone again. "I'm asking again...why would I take a break?"

"You see, I'm...I'm worried about you, sir. You always seem so stressed from all the work. I look at you and a part of me feels bad for only doing blueprints and such and not tinkering with you. It just worries me how much you work. You don't really take breaks, and if you do, they're only a few minutes. Like right now."

"You're worried, huh?"

"Yes."

Heisenberg takes a drag of his cigar, blowing the smoke to the side. "You're a real hard worker, Arnaud. You work a little too hard on those blueprints for my taste."

"S-Sir, if you don't mind me saying, I think working on that machine for hours at a time is much, much more than blueprints."

"You're real fuckin' hardheaded."

"Well, I only want what's best for you, sir--"

"Shut up!"

Vera flinches again, this time harder from the sudden outburst. "I'm sorry, Monsieur Heisenberg, I-I'll get back to work."

"Arnaud--"

"No, I'm truly sorry, it's my fault. I'll be leaving now, I'll leave you be."

Vera makes their way out of Heisenberg's office, heading back to their quarters outside the factory.

Once there, they realize they had forgotten to take their mood stabilizer.

"Fuck, not again."

She gulps down the pill and sighs, placing their head in their hands, realizing she had fucked it all up.

"Stupid fuck-up, you'll never fucking learn. You'll never learn. You're nothing to him, he doesn't care if you're worried about him, he never will. He'll just work his fucking ass off like he always does."

Vera groans, taking a seat at her workbench. "Stupid."

The intercom jingles, and Vera looks up.

"Arnaud."