Dance by the Pool (Chloe x Fem!Reader)

details:
fluff
some strong language
Your POV
A 25 year old former real estate agent from England, you had been hired as Kamski's new secretary to help with calls and take care of business. Most of the time you are alone; except for one Android that always insists on helping you.
(this one is pretty short lol)

How did I get a job as Kamski's secretary?

Of all people, I didn't think I'd be getting a seat in the home of the former Cyberlife founder himself.

I figured I wasn't up for it. That I'd be just another woman in the cruel world of Detroit.

Before I worked for Kamski, I usually shut myself in. I was depressed, lovesick, starved of interaction. Always wanting more from life.

Now I actually made money. My mother was proud of me. I was happy.

Kamski was actually a really cool guy, too. He spent most of his time alone, usually in the pool. We didn't talk much, but I thought he was an interesting guy.

He had an Android named Chloe who usually helped him with things as well. Chloe was one of the prettiest girls I had ever met. Her blue eyes sparkled whenever she spoke and her blonde hair fell just shy over her shoulder. She was always smiling no matter what, and whenever she would smile, it was perfect.

I would catch myself staring at Chloe at random intervals. She never seemed to notice, but I would still be hella embarrassed whenever she spoke to me.

Chloe was practically the only person I ever talked to. We would bond over literature, music, games of Marco Polo in the pool, etcetera. It's crazy how an Android can be a better friend than any other toxic friend I had ever met.

It took me a while to realize I had a romantic interest in Chloe; I would deny that an Android could never love a human, that she would never understand how a woman like me could become absolutely infatuated by her. Our conversations would get very deep very quickly, but she never noticed how I would look at her sometimes.

It was only a matter of time.

As I sat in my office, I felt myself getting drowsy. I barely got enough sleep the other night. Pain racked my right upper arm, as the muscles in it were tired.

I didn't have much work to do today, so I decided to do what keeps me sane; listen to music and stare up at the ceiling looking for any inspiration or anything to do at all.

A knock at the door caused me to rip my earbuds out of my ears and pretend like I was doing something.

"Come in!"

A warm feeling developed in my chest as I saw Chloe enter the room with a cup of coffee in her hand.

"I've brought you some coffee, (Y/N). Cappuccino, just the way you like it."

I smiled and retrieved the coffee from Chloe. "Thank you, Chloe. You didn't have to, but thank you."

"You're welcome, (Y/N). Have a nice night." Chloe said with a smile, bowing politely.

I opened my mouth as to say something, but stopped myself and watched her walk out of my office.

Fuck, she's so pretty.

I love hearing her voice. I'm a wreck just talking to her.

How can I tell her my feelings without sounding...obsessed?

I sighed and turned my phone off, stuffing it into my pocket and getting up from my chair. I stood at the closed door and braced myself.

I turned the knob slowly and quietly stepped out of my office, trying not to make a sound.