Surprise (Hank Anderson x Fem!Reader)🖤

details:
smut
a bit of angst for some spice :]
strong/nsfw language
It was your 30th birthday, the big 30, and everyone at the Department forgot. Except for one eccentric lieutenant.
dedicated to bluedeviantt 💖

"Happy birthday to me." You whisper to yourself, defeated.

It seemed like everyone at the Department forgot that it was your birthday. No one paid any mind to the fact, or even thought to pass by with a gift or even a few kind words.

You sit at your desk, twirling a pen in between your fingers and staring at the monitor in front of you.

Past the monitor, you could see Hank, who was standing at the coffee machine in the break room. You smile, watching him fill a cup just for himself.

Hank was oddly...mesmerizing to you. With those doey blue eyes and a gruff voice. A silver fox, you might say.

It was strange. This odd infatuation with a man who could've been old enough to be your father or uncle.

You watch as he fills another cup, fitting a lid onto it. You furrow your brow, confused.

He finally walks out of the break room, and you snap out of your daydream state, your eyes now glued to your desk as you looked down.

From your peripheral, he was making his way toward your desk. You flinch, making sure he didn't notice your stare.

"Hey. You gonna do any work today or what?" Hank asked, nonchalant.

"Hm? O-oh, yeah. Just not the day for me, y'know?"

"Uh-huh. Brought you some coffee. Didn't know if you wanted any but I got some anyways."

You bite your lip to hide the inevitable grin from spreading across your face. "Oh. Thanks, Hank. I appreciate it."

"Don't mention it. Say, uh...you wouldn't happen to be busy tonight, would ya?"

"W-what?" You stutter, your voice only coming out as a small squeak.

"Just wanted to, uh...get to know you a bit more. How's about it?"

"Like...a d-date?"

"What? Nah, nah, just...as friends. Out for dinner."

"Um...I...sure. Sure thing. What time?"

"I'll pick ya up at 7. Is that okay?" He said with a soft smile.

You nod, your mouth agape as he walks off to his desk.

As friends...right?

~

You waited at the station around 6:50, preparing yourself for the little get-together this evening.

You weren't very used to going out with another person. Not that this was a date or anything like that.

Smiling as you see Hank's car approaching, you shove your phone in your purse and take a deep breath.

He rolls down the passenger window and smiles. "Hop in."

You nod and open the door, sliding into the passenger seat. "So, what are the plans?"

"Figured we could head on over to one of the nicer restaurants. Y'know... something nicer than Chicken Feed."

You smile softly, only half disappointed he didn't once mention your birthday. "Yeah. Sure."

The car ride was only filled with the sound of the radio blaring Knights of the Black Death, which you had always admired but never knew anyone liked them until you had met Hank.