ꪀ𝓲ꪀꫀ

Okayy the next chapter,

Y/Ns POV

I quickly fluffed my hair and applied a little makeup. Ever since dating Jake I barely wore makeup, as he said I was too naturally beautiful to cover it up, but it was still nice to glam myself occasionally.

I wanted to look chic but casual as we were only going out for dinner just us 2. To be completely honest I would've rather got a cheap takeout. Eating out wasn't really my thing but I wasn't about to turn down Jakes sweet gesture.

Jake was going to meet me at the restaurant as his shift was late, but he told me he took a change of clothes with him already. I carefully slipped on my shoes and walked out our apartment door.

I smiled as I looked at my key, knowing Jake had the exact same one, before continuing to the restaurant.

Third person POV

Jake wrung his hands nervously and paced.

"Charles what if she says no? I mean what do I do then?"

"Jake don't be stupid she's always wanted marriage and with you! of course she's gonna say yes!"

"Yeah I guess your right but I just can't mess this up"

They were standing outside the restaurant Jake had 'reserved'

He knew how much she found fancy restaurants uncomfortable so he had a plan in mind.
The restaurant ploy was just so she could have a chance to dress up, something Jake also knew she loved.

Charles quickly turned the corner which made Jake realise y/n was approaching.

His face immediately lit up when he saw her, thinking how beautiful she was was, and hers did the same.

Y/Ns POV

I looked at Jakes suit. That was unlike him but it was nice to know he had put in an effort.

"Hey babe" he said and I smiled happily at him.

"Hey Jakey"
He took my hand, interlocking our fingers and to my surprise led me away from the restaurant I though we were eating at.

"Um Jake..."

He quickly kissed me and smiled cheekily. "I'll ask the questions y/n/n"

I decided to let him take me wherever he wanted.

We started approaching the Rockefeller centre and I was just as shocked when we went inside and proceeded up the huge elevator.

Jake just squeezed my hand in reassurance and I squeezed it back.

We reached the top floor and entered onto the balcony.

The view was absolutely breathtaking.

My jaw was practically on the floor as my eyes skimmed over thousands of buildings, lighting up the night.
So big yet so small from where we were.

I turned to look at Jake and he was already looking at me with love in his eyes.

I tried to hug him but instead he carefully stopped me and cleared his throat.

"Y/n. I love you so much, more than you will ever know.
Every day, waking up next to you makes me want to be awake and every night going to sleep with you makes me want those moments to last forever.
You have changed me, for the better and I can't thank you enough.
Somehow I can still be in hysterics with you and be the goofiest version of myself and yet you still love me and act the same way.

I can't imagine ever being without you so y/n..."

He got down on one knee as tears streamed down my face.

"Will you marry me?"

"Is that even a question? Yes Jake I will marry you!" I managed to get out between tears, and the biggest grin spread across his face.

He placed the most beautiful ring around my finger and then kissed me.

I was lost in that moment forever, as my heart soared.
His hands slid down my back, to my waist and I ran mine through his hair before resting them on his chest.
He then cupped my face and our foreheads resting together, both of us savouring these moments of bliss.

He led me closer to the glass and we stood together, bodies entwined as we looked down on our beautiful city.

Eventually we left and picked up a bunch of fries from a nearby Wendy's before walking home slowly

It was perfect.

As soon as we got inside, I kissed Jake passionately and we had the most amazing night.

Afew hours later, we layer together exhausted and slightly sweaty.
we talked and talked.

It was well past 3am when I fell asleep, still entwined in Jakes strong, safe arms.

Jakes POV

She snored ever so slightly and i grinned. My life had always had something missing. When I was a child I thought it was my dad, but I realised now it was y/n.

She made me complete.
I breathed in her hair as we lay together, her sleeping, me dozing.

Eventually i drifted off, the biggest smile on my face.

Wow that was really hard to write but I hope I managed to get across the atmosphere I was going for. Please vote if you enjoyed

Update soon :)