𝓽ꫝ𝓲𝘳𝓽ꪗ 𝓽ꫝ𝘳ꫀꫀ

So this chapter is gonna have a lot of angst, and also a time skip, so Callie has started at a daycare so y/n had the day to herself.

Y/Ns POV

I woke up to a note from jake saying he went to work, and was taking Callie to daycare on his way.

I slowly got up, and grabbed some cereal.
I decided I would catch the subway, into the city centre, and have a day to just relax.

I grabbed my metro card, and shrugged on my jacket, before leaving the house.

Soon enough I was at the subway entrance, and I tapped in, walking down the stairs and waiting on the platform

Jakes POV

Terry's desk phone rang, and I heard him answer it before his face turned serious.

I looked at him in confusion and he put down the phone.

"Listen up people, earlier today, as you already know, we received some calls of a suspicious man hanging around the subway.

He has been spotted with a gun on the train.

The public haven't been notified yet, they just think the train has stopped for a diversion, but if he is planning to shoot, they will find out soon.

The tactical team are there and we're needed as backup."

Everyone sprung into action grabbing the vests and guns.

Y/Ns POV

The train slowed to a stop, but not at a platform.

People murmured with confusion before the captain spoke over the speakers.

"Attention, we have stopped temporarily for a diversion, we will proceed soon"

Something felt off, and I wasn't the only one who thought so.

Screaming started, as we heard 2 loud gunshots from the other end of the train.

Loud footsteps ran in our direction, as the gunshots grew closer.

I tried to stay calm. Jake has told me about these situations before. Usually the shooter shot around one person from each group, to scare the rest of them to abide.

My heart dropped, when the shooter stepped into our section of the train.

Everyone was still, frozen in shock.
I hated that I knew one of us was going to be shot.
Next to me was a mother, and small child.
My eyes widened, as I realised the gun was aimed towards the mother.

All I could think of was that poor child, watching her mother get shot.
My legs moved before my brain had time to register it, as I moved closer to the shooter, just as he was about to pull the trigger.

He turned pointing the gun at me instead and I was relieved that my distraction worked. The relief quickly morphed into panic as I realised I hadn't thought any further than this .

I heard it before I felt it, a bullet straight through my lower leg.

I felt the pain like a hot iron, ripping through my skin.

My leg gave out and I fell to the ground.

A few people moved forward to help me, but the shooter, raised his guns to them, "move and I kill you all"

I knew I was losing blood but I remind myself that it was in my leg, meaning i wasn't definitely going to die.

I thought too soon as the man pointed his gun at me on the floor, shooting me in the side of the stomach.

It was too much pain to manage, I couldn't even scream.

I could start to hear what sounded like a tactical team, swarming the train, and it was confirmed when I saw the shooters gun fall to the ground, his arms twisted behind his back.

I heard a familiar voice, but everything felt fuzzy. I managed to place it as Jake's as I felt him drop to my side.

I winced in pain, as I felt his hands, applying pressure to the wound on my stomach.

Jakes POV

I pressed my hands, to the shot in her stomach.
Her head was on my knee now. Panic  ran through me, as I saw the amount of blood y/n was losing

Her pupils, wouldn't focus as she looked at me confused.

"Y/n, stay with me it's going to be okay. Just a bit longer"
As I reassured her, I was also reassuring myself. The thought of losing her, was incomprehensible.

I knew she recognised me, from her eyes, but they were starting to close.

My hands were covered in her blood, as a paramedic with a stretcher, carried her out of the tunnel and up to the street.

I followed, into the ambulance, as an oxygen mask was placed over her face, and her wounds were compressed.

My head was banging I couldn't think, so I just squeezed her hand.

After what felt like forever, the ambulance pulled to a stop and she was taken inside the hospital, rushed to a room, I tried to follow in, but a doctor stopped me, pointing to a few chairs in the corridor.

I defeatedly collapsed into one, sinking my head into my hands.

Third person POV

Rosa approached carefully, sitting next to jake.

"She'll be okay" she said quietly as jake just clenched his fists in his hair.

A doctor, came out of the room after 3 hours.

Jake looked up worriedly.

"Mr Peralta, your wife is going to be okay"

Jake cried out in a mix of relief and joy

"You can see her though she lost a lot of blood.
She probably won't wake for a while, and if she does, it won't be for every king. She doesn't have that much strength right now."

Jake nodded before pushing into the room.
Y/N was lying , her head to the side as her hair fell over her face

Jake noticed the huge bandages around her leg and stomach.

He gently sat down in the chair beside her and carefully moved her hair out from her face.

Her eyes opened slowly, "jake?" Her voice came out croaky and shallow.

He exhaled in relief, taking his hand and stroking y/n's face softly. Her eyes closed again and she drifted back into sleep.

He caught a glimpse of his reflection in a mirror on the wall and was startled to see himself covered in blood.

To his relief, Charles walked in, placing a change of clothes on the side, before giving jake a hug.

They hugged in silence before Charles, gave him a reassuring look, and left again.

He was so grateful that his friends were there for him and y/n, as he quickly changed, washing the dried blood off his hands.

He sat back down next to y/n, waiting for her to wake up again.

I feel like this is different to how I usually write so hopefully I did okay :)

Ty for reading