𝓽᭙ꫀꪀ𝓽ꪗ ꪮꪀꫀ

Y/Ns POV

I danced around, making burgers on the counter. I wanted to surprise Jake as he was getting home in afew minutes. We usually cooked together, but mainly ordered takeout, as we both loved it.

Suddenly 'move your feet' by Junior Senior, blasted through the speakers. It was a such a danceable song. I put down my burger flipper, and leaned down to lift up Callie into my arms. I danced with her to the music as she giggled and smiled.

I didn't hear Jake come in and he grabbed my waist from behind, pulling me into him and putting his chin on my shoulder as we swayed together to the music.

I turned and gently passed Callie to him before quickly kissing him on the lips and running to make sure the burgers weren't burning.

"Aw noice, you made burgers!" Jake said excitedly and I smiled
"Yep, how was work babe?"

"Same as always, but there's a big criminal we're looking for. Not much on him yet."

I plated up the burgers and passed one to him as we made our way to the couch, turning on the tv.

"How was your day?" Jake asked sweetly.

"Good, Callie was humming earlier!"

His eyes grew wide and he turned to her, "were you humming earlier cutie?" He said in his baby voice and my heart burst.  Callie stared at him excitedly.

Jake took the first bite,"wow these are amazing y/n!"
"Awww thanks Jakey"

———————————

We watched Callie sleep peacefully for afew minutes before Jake dragged me to the bedroom tiredly. We climbed under the covers, exhausted. We stared at each other as Jake stroked my face lovingly, " y/n, I was thinking, maybe we should start planning for the wedding...?"

I grinned at him, "YES YES YES"
He laughed at my excitement, before going serious again. "Y/n. You know I love you right?"
"What?! Of course Jake why would you ask that?"

"I've been at work so much recently, and I hate leaving you, but I want to work my way up at the precinct and-"

"Jake you working doesn't bother me at all. I'm glad you enjoy it so much, seriously"

He sighed with relief and smiled softly at me, before shuffling closer and kissing me. I kissed him back, deeply.

We pulled away for air and lay together grinning at each other. "Love you"
"Love you too"

—————————————

Jakes POV

I carefully helped Callie our of her cot, and carried her to our room. Y/n was still sleeping, and I sat down next to her, Callie on my lap, looking at me. I started playing a quiet game of peekaboo with her, before y/n woke up.

She looked at us with a smile. Callie reaches out to her and I passed her over to y/n.

Eventually she gave her back to me and I pulled a face at Callie, "you love your mama, don't you Callie?"

"Mamaa..."

Callie said quietly and me and y/n beamed at each other in excitement, IT WAS CALLIES FIRST WORD!

"Good girl babyyy" we praised her as she giggled happily.

The rest of the day sailed by smoothly as me and y/n planned the wedding...

Ew this chapter is kinda choppy and short but it's just a filler, to space out some big events

I think the wedding will be next chapter cause a planning one could get boring so get readyyy!

I watched, the unauthorised bash-brothers experience on Netflix today and ITS SO GOOD like the sfx are INCREDIBLEEE

Anyway ty for reading I'll update soon <3