𝓽ꫝ𝓲𝘳𝓽ꪗ ᠻꪮꪊ𝘳

Y/Ns POV

I felt myself, wake up but my eyes stayed closed. My head was banging, and I felt a sharp pain on my stomach. My mind flooded back to the train, and I gathered from the beeping of machines I was in the hospital.

I heard a small shift beside me and I tried to open my eyes, although the light seemed blinding.

"Jake?" All I could think of was Jake. Was he here? I felt so unsafe, but the thought of him gave me peace of mind.  

I felt his hand grab mine, "y/n, I'm right here"

I immediately relaxed, before Callie popped into my mind and the panic came back.

"Callie okay, she's still at daycare, and Charles is picking her up after."

I exhaled in relief, opening my eyes fully to face the room.

Sure enough, Jake was beside me. He looked exhausted, and his eyes were puffy like he had been crying. All I wanted was to hold him, but as I leaned up to him, my stomach felt a sharp jab of pain.

I winced, lying back down and Jake looked at me in concern. His hand was still holding mine, and stroking circles on my knuckles.

"I'm sorry you had to save me again. I feel so pathetic, like can I not even stick up for myself" I sighed.

Jake shook his head, " y/n first of all, he had a gun, and everyone saw, watching back the cctv footage, that you would never have taken the bullet, if you weren't protecting that mother and child."

I weakly smiled at him.

"I'm gonna go get the doctor," he told me, squeezing my hand in reassurance, before leaving the room.

A minute later, he returned with a doctor.

She sat down and asked me a bunch of questions about my injuries, and when she eventually left I was completely exhausted.

I tried to stay awake, feeling bad about leaving Jake to sit in silence, but he saw my heavy eyelids, and quickly kissed my forehead, before turning the room lights off, and sitting by me while I drifted into sleep.

Jakes POV

It was awful, seeing y/n. I hated seeing her in pain, and I wished I could take some from her.

I saw the doctor, standing outside the door, and she gestured for me to speak to her. I carefully, slipped my hand out of y/n's and joined the doctor in he corridor. She handed me a bag with some pain medication, and explained, y/n could go home whenever she was ready, although she had to stay rested.

I nodded gratefully, before making another appointment the following week.

I went back inside, sitting down next to her. She looked to peaceful when she slept, even though her side and leg was completely bandaged.

I had been informed the shooter was already being transported to the prison, which made me feel a little better.

I felt physically sick when I watched back the tapes, of how he shot y/n like he couldn't care less.

She slowly woke up again, reaching for my hand, and I quickly took hers. She breathed a sigh of relief, before falling back into a slumber.

It was awful seeing, the person who I considered my soulmate, in such a horrible position, but I knew she was strong, and would recover.

I decided to get some rest aswel, and I leaned back my head on the big chair, dozing into an uncomfortable sleep.

And another chapter! I know not much happens but I feel like this was needed rather than her going home right away.

I know I'm not updating this as frequently as I was before, I'm just not as motivated but I am writing a lot on my Andy fanfic.  I'm feeling alot more drawn to update that so I'm just going with the flow

Anyways thanks for reading 💞