𝓽ꫝ𝓲𝘳𝓽ꪗ ᠻ𝓲ꪜꫀ

Y/Ns POV

Jake did a final scan of the hospital room, checking for anything we left behind.

I was okay to walk on crutches, for short periods of time, although I couldn't do much just yet. It was frustrating but I just wanted to be back to normal ASAP.

We made our way down to the front of the building, climbing in the Uber we called, and heading home.

"Y/n, you know when you're not using your crutches....wel-"

"Yes, you can use them" I smiled at him and he grinned.

Jake still had the mind of a 6 year old but it just added to his charm.

Eventually we reached the apartment, and made our way inside. I saw one of Callie's tous lying on the floor, and started to lean down to pick it up.

Jake carefully stopped me, "be careful" he said worriedly.
"Don't worry jake I can pick up a toy by myself" I smiled at him gratefully, but as I leant down a sharp pain went back into my injury.

I winced, jake helping to steady me.
"You ok?" He asked, concerned

"Yeah, thanks"

"Thennn... I told you so" he smirked and I rolled my eyes.

He helped me to our room, and onto a sitting position on the bed, before jumping down next to me. "Movie marathon?" He asked and I nodded eagerly.

I grinned when he put on diehard, we wouldn't have it any other way.

He carefully put his arm around me, and I relaxed into him as much as I could.
My mind started drifting halfway through the movie, and Jake seemed to notice, pressing pause.

"What you thinking?" He asked
"I'm gonna have scars from it" I sighed.
"Y/n, are you kidding? That's COOL!"

I raised my eyebrows skeptically at him

"Plus you have a good story behind it, I meannn, I still need to get my scar with an epic backstory"

I laughed softly, grateful I had Jake.

"Charles is dropping Callie over in around an hour...." he said. I smiled, looking forward to seeing her.

We watched the rest of the movie in silence, before we heard a knock. I tried to get out of bed, but jake gently stopped me, "I got this y/n stay right here"

I heard Charles, "JAKEYY!" When Jake opened the door, and smirked to myself.

I eventually heard Charles leave and Jake walked into the room, Callie in his arms.

She started smiling at me, and my heart melted.
"Hey Callie!" I cooed

"Mamu!" I laughed as Jake set her down next to me.

"How was nursery?" I asked her

And she stuck up her hands, in what I assumed was a positive motion.

Jake was holding her tiny backpack, and he opened it producing scribbling in different colours on a page.

"Wow, you made this Cals?!" I said enthusiastically and she smiled proudly.

"This is a masterpiece." Jake said and I grinned at him.

I yawned, feeling tired. I wasn't fully healed yet, and I was surprised I had stayed awake through this much of the day.
Jake, bless him, seemed to realise, "Cal, wanna go stick it on the fridge?" He asked her and she nodded happily.

"Say nite nite to mummy first"

I couldn't stop smiling as Callie grabbed my face and pressed her lips to my nose, for afew seconds. "Thanks Callie" I smiled at her, quickly kissing her on the nose before she hoisted herself off the bed, stumbling over to Jake, and taking his hand.

He blew a kiss to me, turning off the light on his way out, as I fell asleep.

————————————

Jake gently shook me awake, and i groaned, "sorry babe, but your meds"
"Thanks jakey" I said taking them from his hand as I glanced at the clock on the side table. It was 11:30pm

"Has Callie-" I started, but he cut me off:
"She's eaten, played, had a bath, done her teeth, changed and right now she's asleep"

I sighed happily, leaning up and kissing Jake softly, "thanks jake." He was being amazing, sorting out almost everything, while I couldn't.

I lay back down, after taking my painkillers, and felt Jake take my hand. Seeing as we couldn't cuddle just yet, because of the wound.

Jake stroked my hand softly

"Jake?"
"Yep"
"You're a really great dad"
"And you're a really great mom" he responded casually, but I could hear the grin in his voice.

Soon enough I fell into a deep sleep.

Another chapterrrr
Sorry it's kinda shortish but ty for reading 💞