𝓽ꫝ𝓲𝘳𝓽ꪗ

5th day in safehouse

I felt myself waking up slowly, but I lay still, not wanting to wake Jake.
He was lying behind me, arm wrapped over me.
After Afew minutes I felt Jake stir awake. I still stayed put, enjoying our closeness.
I felt him softly put his finger on my side, and run it from my upper body to my lower thigh.

I smiled, his hand stayed put on my thigh. I slowly turned to face him, and we lay together, faces almost touching.
"What time is it?" I said sleepily and Jake looked at his phone, " 1:30"
"Woah we slept in"
"I guess a safe house does have some perks" he smiled softly at me. "You okay after last night? It was a lot" he said gravely
"Yeah I'm okay, thanks for basically saving me" He smirked at me, "What can I say babe? I'm just that amazing"

I smiled. His childish nature never grew old, it made him even cuter.
Jake was the only person I had been with, who didn't take himself seriously, and I loved that about him. With him, I lived in the moment.

"You are" I whispered back.

He looked at me lovingly, "hungry?"
"Yep" I yawned, swinging my legs over the side of the bed, to get up.
Jake jumped out and quickly, ran around to my side of the bed, grabbing my legs and chucking them back on the bed. I laughed
"Stay here y/n/n!" He warned me, before dance-walking his way to the makeshift kitchen.

A few minutes later, her returned, with a big bowl of cereal, Jakes favourite one, that was basically 100% sugar.

He sat back on the bed with me, and handed me a spoon.

"One bowl, how romantic" I joked

"I know, it definitely wasn't because I couldn't find any others..." Jake said in his so called 'sexy voice'

We sat eating cereal for a while.
Most days so far has been like this. It wasn't too bad, but we had already watched all the movies over 10 times each (there wasn't very many), we missed Callie, plus there was always an undertone of worry that Figgis would find us.

We hadn't received many updates, but we did
know if all went well today, they could possibly catch him.

We both sat for hours speculating, cool scenarios and creating catchphrases for the squad when they caught him.

Our days consisted mostly of eating, sleeping and talking, which wasn't bad, but also wasn't really ideal.

————————-

Jakes POV

I kept my arm around y/n as we binged tv.

The channels were weird, as the tv wasn't connected to the main channels, it being a safe house and all.

The show was currently in Chinese, so we had made a game of guessing the words.

An old woman on screen yelled something unintelligible, before chucking her cane towards a child.

I laughed at the shows stupidity, realising y/n had fallen asleep when she didn't laugh. I carefully switched off the tv, using my free hand, and grabbed the blanket laying over the top of the couch. I quietly put it over us.

I lay down, rotating my body so she ended up leaning back on my chest. I stopped dead still, when she cutely mumbled something in her sleep, before relaxing into me.

I could smell her shampoo, as I closed my eyes, deciding we could sleep here tonight. Before drifting off...

Y/Ns POV

I woke up, Jakes arms around me protectively. I realised we were on the couch, and saw the blanket over us. My heart melted.

I carefully got up as Jake woke up, getting up aswel.

We both groaned, feeling achey from our squashed stance on the couch.

"In hindsight sleeping there wasn't the best idea" Jake yawned.
I laughed softly, "thanks tho" before quickly pecking him on the lips as he walked, half asleep to the bathroom.

I know this is a bit shorter than usual and not much actually happens, but hopefully the next chapters will be longer and more exciting.

I have a ton of school work to catch up on, but I'm still gonna try update daily, so bear with me if it's not the greatest 😅

Anyways ty for reading cya tomorrow 💕