𝓽ꫝ𝓲𝘳𝓽ꪗ ꪀ𝓲ꪀꫀ

Y/Ns POV

I heard a knock on the door, and made my way over, cautiously opening it.
"Hi, is Jacob here?" an older man asked
"No, he's at work right now, sorry" I smiled, standing awkwardly.
"I'll wait for him" the man welcomed himself inside.
"And you are...?"
"Oh right, I'm Rodger, his dad"

I immediately started to worry. Jake never seemed happy to be talking about his dad, so
I knew he wouldn't be thrilled to see him.

"So who are you?" He asked and I swallowed the concern, shaking his outstretched hand.
"I'm y/n, we're married"
"Jeez, how long?"
"About 8 months now I think"

We sat in an awkward silence.
I looked down at my phone seeing Jake had messaged me,
'Just picked up Callie from nursery, can't wait to see you xx'
'Thanks, brace yourself for when you get home :/ x' I texted back, hoping Jake would see it before he arrived.

Soon enough I heard his key in the door, and I went over to greet him and Callie.

She ran inside, quickly hugging me before running to her room.
Jake came over to me cupping my face quickly before pulling me into a hug.

Even though I couldn't see his face, I could tell when he saw Rodger over my shoulder, from the way his body suddenly tensed.

We pulled away, and he stood, glaring at his dad.
"Hey Jake!"
"Don't 'hey Jake' me."
He said, storming off to our room. I hastily followed him, closing the door behind us.

He sat on the side of the bed, his head in his hands.
I sat next to him, gently laying my hand on his back.
"Why is he here?" Jake muttered.
"He said to see you" I sighed.
"Well he's lying"
We sat in silence, Jake's anger filling up the room. Eventually I broke the quiet;
"Jake, we can't just leave him out there..."
"He can wait." Jakes head was still in his hands.

My ears pricked up, when I heard Callie laugh.
She usually liked to play when she got home so that wasn't weird, it only startled me when I heard Rodger laughing aswel.
Jake immediately stood up, eyes filled with anger as he stormed towards the door.

I followed behind, and seeing that Callie was showing Rodger her toys.
We both stood frozen on the spot, and he looked up, noticing us.

"Great daughter, you've got here" he smiled warmly. Jake walked over and picked up Callie, "Cal, I think you should play in your room for a bit" he said taking her into her room 
She pulled a face, not looking overly happy with the situation.
Jake put her down in her room, before coming back to face us.

"Sorry, but you don't get to mess up my daughter aswel" Jake spat at him, turning on his heels, and returning to our room.

I sighed, going after him again.
"Jake, Callie was enjoying herself" I tried to reason with him.
"I don't care, I'm not letting that man upset my daughter."

"How do you know he'll upset her...?" I asked quietly.
"Because he leaves, y/n. That's all he ever does and I should know" he snapped at me.

I shook it off, holding my ground.
"Jake, do you not think it will upset Callie more to grow up knowing her grandpa is alive but not in her life at all?"

I watched jakes face, as his emotions battled out, but I knew he would do the right thing.
"Maybe you're right, but I'm not sure if I wanna risk it"
"I know, but I think we should give him a chance."
Jake clearly wasn't happy with the decision but agreed.

We both made our way back into the living room, facing Jake's dad.

"Jake, I'm sorry okay, I came because I needed a place to stay for tonight, but after seeing Callie, I want to be a good grandpa to her" Rodger explained. He sounded so sincere it was almost impossible for Jake to change his mind.

"Alright fine." Jake stepped closer to him so they were face to face, "but if you ever do anything to upset her or my family, you're going to regret it" he hissed at him.

"I hear ya" Rodger said, not at all threatened.

I went to get Callie bringing her back, and she happily went back to introducing Rodger to all her toys, as he played along enthusiastically.

I squeezed jakes hand, happy he could swallow his pride, but I knew he was still worried.

"You' know Callie, if mommy and daddy let you tomorrow, we could go get ice cream, and I'll get you another teddy bear to go with the others?"

Callie grinned excitedly. Even though she wasn't talking that much as of yet, she understood us surprisingly well.

"Okay" Jake reluctantly agreed.
——————————
It was hard getting Callie to go to bed because she was so excitable about the thought of tomorrow, but eventually she settled down.

We grabbed a spare blanket and pillow  setting  Rodger up on the couch.

He pulled me aside, when Jake disappeared into my room.
"You're a nice girl, thanks for being good to Jacob."

I smiled gratefully, "he's been better to me I'm sure. Goodnight" before going into our room.

Me and Jake changed into our pjs, before climbing under the covers, and lying to face each other.

"Thanks for making me do the right thing" Jake whispered
"No problem," I whispered back, shuffling into his outstretched arms, and lying against him.
"And I'm sorry I was kinda rude to you earlier" he said even quieter
"Jake it's fine, I would've acted the same if it was my parents"

"Love you"
"Love you too"

I closed my eyes, breathing in his scent as we fell asleep.
————————

Me and Jake slowly woke up at the same time, stretching out and yawning.

I quickly kissed him on the lips, before going to the bathroom.

When I emerged back out, my heart sunk, as Jake stood there holding out a note...

oooooo cliffhanger...
sorry this is a little late and rushed my schoolwork is catching up with me.
thanks for reading
update soon 💞