What Does the Bible Teaches About Sin (Part 1)?

(Romans 6:23 KJV) For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

(James 1:15 KJV) Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.

(1 Corinthians 15:56 KJV) The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law.

(1 John 5:17 KJV) All unrighteousness is sin: and there is a sin not unto death.

____________________________________

COMMENTARY

Through Christ a door of hope was opened that man, notwithstanding his great sin, should not be under the absolute control of Satan. Faith in the merits of the Son of God would so elevate man that he could resist the devices of Satan. Probation would be granted him in which, through a life of repentance and faith in the atonement of the Son of God, he might be redeemed from his transgression of the Father's law, and thus be elevated to a position where his efforts to keep His law could be accepted.
Sin is a tremendous fact. There is no excuse for sin. Sin is rebellion against the holiness of God, against a holy God. Sin involves a degradation of the whole being, a debasement of the inner life, a prostitution of the moral powers. Sin is the expression of a perverted nature, in whatever form it may reveal itself. A sinner is one who fails to manifest the character of Christ, for “whatsoever is not of faith is sin.” Romans 14:23. In other words, whatever in our lives is not the result of the active exercise of faith in Christ, a faith which accepts Him as the Lord of our lives, is sin. Self is sin personified. Self-seeking is the all-inclusive sin. Selfishness is the very essence of sin. Self-idolatry “lies at the foundation of all sin.” I must be delivered from myself, for “I know that in me, that is, in my flesh, dwelleth no good thing.” Romans 7:18. “The heart is deceitful above all things, and it is exceedingly corrupt.” Jeremiah 17:9. “From within, out of the heart of man, evil thoughts proceed, fornications, thefts, murders, adulteries, covetings, wickednesses, deceit, lasciviousness, an evil eye, railing, pride, foolishness: all these evil things proceed from within, and defile the man.” Mark 7:21-23. What a picture of the natural heart! How great is the need of a Saviour! SOTW 39.1 by Ellen G White.

🙏

Daily uploads...

♥️ Jods