What Does The Bible Teaches About Sin (Part 2)?

(Romans 7:13 KJV) Was then that which is good made death unto me? God forbid. But sin, that it might appear sin, working death in me by that which is good; that sin by the commandment might become exceeding sinful.

(Romans 6:14 KJV) For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

(Psalms 19:13 KJV) Keep back thy servant also from presumptuous sins; let them not have dominion over me: then shall I be upright, and I shall be innocent from the great transgression.

(Proverbs 28:13 KJV) He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy.

(Micah 7:19 KJV) He will turn again, he will have compassion upon us; he will subdue our iniquities; and thou wilt cast all their sins into the depths of the sea.

(Romans 2:12 KJV) For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law;

(Romans 6:14 KJV) For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

(Genesis 4:7 KJV) If thou doest well, shalt thou not be accepted? and if thou doest not well, sin lieth at the door. And unto thee shall be his desire, and thou shalt rule over him.

(1 John 3:4 KJV) Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

____________________________________
COMMENTARY

Satan’s rebellion was to be a lesson to the universe through all coming ages—a perpetual testimony to the nature of sin and its terrible results. The working out of Satan’s rule, its effects upon both men and angels, would show what must be the fruit of setting aside the divine authority. It would testify that with the existence of God’s government is bound up the well-being of all the creatures He has made. Thus the history of this terrible experiment of rebellion was to be a perpetual safeguard to all holy beings, to prevent them from being deceived as to the nature of transgression, to save them from committing sin, and suffering its penalty. FLB 70.4. The infinite value of the sacrifice required for our redemption reveals the fact that sin is a tremendous evil. FLB 70.5 by Ellen G White.

🙏

Daily uploads....

♥️ Jods