What Does the Bible Teaches About the Meek?

(Matthew 5:5 KJV) Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.

(Zephaniah 2:3 KJV) Seek ye the LORD, all ye meek of the earth, which have wrought his judgment; seek righteousness, seek meekness: it may be ye shall be hid in the day of the LORD'S anger.

(Psalms 22:26 KJV) The meek shall eat and be satisfied: they shall praise the LORD that seek him: your heart shall live for ever.

(Psalms 25:9 KJV) The meek will he guide in judgment: and the meek will he teach his way.

(Psalms 37:11 KJV) But the meek shall inherit the earth; and shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace.

(1 Peter 3:4 KJV) But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price.

(Matthew 11:29 KJV) Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

(Isaiah 61:1 KJV) The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound;

____________________________________
COMMENTARY

The meek "shall inherit the earth." It was through the desire for self-exaltation that sin entered into the world, and our first parents lost the dominion over this fair earth, their kingdom. It is through self-abnegation that Christ redeems what was lost. And He says we are to overcome as He did. Revelation 3:21. Through humility and self-surrender we may become heirs with Him when "the meek shall inherit the earth." Psalm 37:11. MB 17.2. The earth promised to the meek will not be like this, darkened with the shadow of death and the curse. "We, according to His promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness." "There shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and His servants shall serve Him." 2 Peter 3:13; Revelation 22:3. (MB 17.3 by Ellen G White).

🙏

Daily Uploads....

♥️ Jods