What Does the Bible Teaches About The Living?

(Ecclesiastes 9:5 KJV) For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten.

(Ecclesiastes 9:4 KJV) For to him that is joined to all the living there is hope: for a living dog is better than a dead lion.

(Luke 20:38 KJV) For he is not a God of the dead, but of the living: for all live unto him.

(Hebrews 3:12 KJV) Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God.

(Mark 12:27 KJV) He is not the God of the dead, but the God of the living: ye therefore do greatly err.

__________________________________

COMMENTARY

When you are alive you have expectations and are able to do, say and think. However,  when you die, you know nothing.
Scripture refers to the Lord as the “living God” (Deut. 5:26) not only because He is the only God who is alive—the other gods being dead because they do not truly exist as gods—but also because He is the God of the living. God’s relationship to His people does not end at their death, for they live on to worship Him in heaven. Because God is the God of the living, we know that all His promises to us will be kept either now or in the world to come. (Ligonier.org)

🙏

Daily uploads...

♥️ Jods