What Does The Bible Teaches About Pride?

(Proverbs 16:18 KJV) Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall.

(Proverbs 29:23 KJV) A man’s pride shall bring him low: but honour shall uphold the humble in spirit.

(Psalms 10:2 KJV) The wicked in his pride doth persecute the poor: let them be taken in the devices that they have imagined.

(Proverbs 8:13 KJV) The fear of the LORD is to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate.

(Proverbs 11:2 KJV) When pride cometh, then cometh shame: but with the lowly is wisdom.

(1 John 2:16 KJV) For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

(Obadiah 1:3 KJV) The pride of thine heart hath deceived thee, thou that dwellest in the clefts of the rock, whose habitation is high; that saith in his heart, Who shall bring me down to the ground?

(Ezekiel 16:49 KJV) Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom, pride, fulness of bread, and abundance of idleness was in her and in her daughters, neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy.

____________________________________
COMMENTARY

Whenever pride and ambition are indulged, the life is marred; for pride, feeling no need, closes the heart against the infinite blessings of Heaven.11Prophets and Kings, 60. FLB 68.5. Pride of heart is a fearful trait of character. “Pride goeth before destruction.” This is true in the family, the church, and the nation.12Testimonies for the Church 4:377. FLB 68.6. I saw that God hates pride, and that all the proud and all that do wickedly shall be stubble, and the day that cometh shall burn them up. I saw that the third angel's message must yet work like leaven upon many hearts that profess to believe it, and purge away their pride, selfishness, covetousness, and love of the world. 1T 132.3
Jesus is coming; and will He find a people conformed to the world? and will He acknowledge these as His people that He has purified unto Himself? Oh, no. None but the pure and holy will He acknowledge as His. Those who have been purified and made white through suffering, and have kept themselves separate, unspotted from the world, He will own as His. 1T 133.1.  by Ellen G White.

🙏

Daily uploads....

♥️ Jods