What Does the Bible Teaches About Oppression?

(Proverbs 14:31 KJV) He that oppresseth the poor reproacheth his Maker: but he that honoureth him hath mercy on the poor.

(Psalms 9:9 KJV) The LORD also will be a refuge for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble.

(Psalms 12:5 KJV) For the oppression of the poor, for the sighing of the needy, now will I arise, saith the LORD; I will set him in safety from him that puffeth at him.

(Psalms 72:4 KJV) He shall judge the poor of the people, he shall save the children of the needy, and shall break in pieces the oppressor.

(Leviticus 25:17 KJV) Ye shall not therefore oppress one another; but thou shalt fear thy God: for I am the LORD your God.

(Ecclesiastes 5:8 KJV) If thou seest the oppression of the poor, and violent perverting of judgment and justice in a province, marvel not at the matter: for he that is higher than the highest regardeth; and there be higher than they.

(Zechariah 7:10 KJV) And oppress not the widow, nor the fatherless, the stranger, nor the poor; and let none of you imagine evil against his brother in your heart.

(Jeremiah 22:3 KJV) Thus saith the LORD; Execute ye judgment and righteousness, and deliver the spoiled out of the hand of the oppressor: and do no wrong, do no violence to the stranger, the fatherless, nor the widow, neither shed innocent blood in this place.

(Isaiah 1:17 KJV) Learn to do well; seek judgment, relieve the oppressed, judge the fatherless, plead for the widow.

____________________________________
COMMENTARY

The Lord does not want us to oppress each other. His desire is for the poor, needy, widow, fatherless, etc to be taken care of. When we oppress others we reproach God. The Lord will execute judgment for the oppressed and He wants us to stand for truth and justice for the oppressed. Christ has said that we shall have the poor always with us, and He unites His interest with that of His suffering people. The heart of our Redeemer sympathizes with the poorest and lowliest of His earthly children. He tells us that they are His representatives on earth. He has placed them among us to awaken in our hearts the love that He feels toward the suffering and oppressed. Pity and benevolence shown to them are accepted by Christ as if shown to Himself. An act of cruelty or neglect toward them is regarded as though done to Him (Patriarchs and Prophets, 534-536. WM 175.2 by Ellen G White).

🙏

Daily Uploads....

♥️ Jods