What Does the Bible Teaches About Children?

(Mark 10:14-15 KJV) But when Jesus saw it, he was much displeased, and said unto them, Suffer the little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God. Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, he shall not enter therein.

(Deuteronomy 30:2 KJV) And shalt return unto the LORD thy God, and shalt obey his voice according to all that I command thee this day, thou and thy children, with all thine heart, and with all thy soul;

(Ephesians 6:1-3 KJV) Children, obey your parents in the Lord: for this is right. Honour thy father and mother; (which is the first commandment with promise;) That it may be well with thee, and thou mayest live long on the earth.

(Colossians 3:20-21 KJV) Children, obey your parents in all things: for this is well pleasing unto the Lord. Fathers, provoke not your children to anger, lest they be discouraged.

(Psalms 127:3 KJV) Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward.

(Jeremiah 3:19 KJV) But I said, How shall I put thee among the children, and give thee a pleasant land, a goodly heritage of the hosts of nations? and I said, Thou shalt call me, My father; and shalt not turn away from me.

(Psalms 14:2 KJV) The LORD looked down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there were any that did understand, and seek God.

(Psalms 34:11 KJV) Come, ye children, hearken unto me: I will teach you the fear of the LORD.

(Psalms 132:12 KJV) If thy children will keep my covenant and my testimony that I shall teach them, their children shall also sit upon thy throne for evermore.

(1 Corinthians 13:11 KJV) When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

____________________________________

COMMENTARY

Children may be trained for the service of sin or for the service of righteousness. Solomon says, “Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.” Proverbs 22:6. This language is positive. The training that Solomon enjoins is to direct, educate, develop. But in order for parents to do this work, they must themselves understand the “way” the child should go. It is impossible for parents to give their children proper training unless they first give themselves to God, learning of the Great Teacher lessons of obedience to His will. CT 108.1. Physical training, the development of the body, is far more easily given than spiritual training. The nursery, the playground, the workshop; the sowing of the seed, and the gathering of the harvest—all these give physical training. Under ordinarily favorable circumstances a child naturally gains healthful vigor and a proper development of the bodily organs. Yet even in physical lines the child should be carefully trained. (CT 108.2 by Ellen G White).

🙏

Daily Uploads....

♥️ Jods