What Does the Bible Teaches About Studying the Bible and the Benefits?

(2 Timothy 2:15 KJV) Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

(James 1:21, 25 KJV) Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls. But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.

(Acts 20:32 KJV) And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified.

(2 Corinthians 3:18 KJV) But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.

(2 Peter 1:4 KJV) Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

(2 Timothy 3:14-17 KJV) But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them; And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

(John 17:14-17 KJV) I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil. They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

____________________________________
COMMENTARY

There are multiple benefits to studying the Word of God. The apostle Peter tells us that through the promises of Scripture we become "partakers of the divine nature" (2 Pet. 1:4). James speaks of the "implanted word, which is able to save your souls" (James 1:21, NKJV). Paul adds that " 'the word of His grace . . . is able to build you up and give you an inheritance among all those who are sanctified' " (Acts 20:32, NKJV). The Bible has a redemptive purpose. Seeing Jesus in all of Scripture, we are changed. By beholding Him in His Word, we become like Him (2 Cor. 3:18). "It is a law both of the intellectual and the spiritual nature that by beholding we become changed. The mind gradually adapts itself to the subjects upon which it is allowed to dwell."-Ellen G. White, The Great Controversy, p. 555. Taken From the Seventh-day Adventist Adult Sabbath School Quarterly, 2020 3rd quarter.

🙏

Daily uploads....

♥️ Jods