What Does the Bible Teaches About Fools and Foolishness ?

(Psalms 14:1 KJV) (To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David.) The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

(Proverbs 12:23 KJV) A prudent man concealeth knowledge: but the heart of fools proclaimeth foolishness.

(Proverbs 11:29 KJV) He that troubleth his own house shall inherit the wind: and the fool shall be servant to the wise of heart.

(Proverbs 18:2 KJV) A fool hath no delight in understanding, but that his heart may discover itself.

(Proverbs 19:3 KJV) The foolishness of man perverteth his way: and his heart fretteth against the LORD.

(Ecclesiastes 7:4 KJV) The heart of the wise is in the house of mourning; but the heart of fools is in the house of mirth.

(Ecclesiastes 10:2-3 KJV) A wise man’s heart is at his right hand; but a fool’s heart at his left. Yea also, when he that is a fool walketh by the way, his wisdom faileth him, and he saith to every one that he is a fool.

(Proverbs 15:2 KJV) The tongue of the wise useth knowledge aright: but the mouth of fools poureth out foolishness.

(Proverbs 22:15 KJV) Foolishness is bound in the heart of a child; but the rod of correction shall drive it far from him.

(1 Corinthians 1:18-19, 25-29 KJV) For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent. Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men. For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called: But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty; And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are: That no flesh should glory in his presence.

(1 Corinthians 2:14 KJV) But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

(1 Corinthians 3:19 KJV) For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.

(Romans 1:20-22 KJV) For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

____________________________________
COMMENTARY

“Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise. For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness. And again, The Lord knoweth the thoughts of the wise, that they are vain. Therefore let no man glory in men. For all things are yours.” Such is the admonition of Paul to the Corinthian church. He would not have them dazzled or misled by those who were “wise in this world.” He declared that instead of seeking such distinctions, they must become fools in the opinion of worldly wise men, if they would become wise in the estimation of God. The reasoning policy, and imaginations so highly exalted by men of the world, were vain and worthless in the sight of Heaven. Extraordinary talent was not to be considered as high honor; for unless consecrated to God and sanctified by his Spirit, it would prove a curse rather than a blessing. RH January 1, 1884, par. 1. “The wisdom of this world is foolishness with God.” The wisdom of the world is too highly valued, the wisdom from above too little sought, by the professed people of the Lord. Men may have a knowledge of Christian doctrine, and yet understand little of Christian experience. Many are keen, apt, prompt, in worldly affairs, while they manifest little interest, tact, or energy in the service of God. They do not exercise their sharpness and shrewdness in watching to discern the devices of Satan, and studying how they may outgeneral the enemy. They do not summon all their powers to form wise plans and put forth earnest, systematic effort to advance the cause of God. The wisdom exercised in worldly temporal things is seldom devoted to spiritual and eternal things. In this manner do men of ability give evidence that they are more carnal than spiritual. RH January 1, 1884, par. 4 by Ellen G White.

🙏

Daily uploads....

♥️ Jods