What Does the Bible Teaches About Eternal Life?

(John 14:6 KJV) Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

(John 3:15-16, 36 KJV) That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

(John 10:28-29KJV) And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.  My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father’s hand.

(John 17:3-4 KJV) And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent. That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

(1 John 5:11-13, 20 KJV) (1 John 5:11 KJV) And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life. These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God. And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.

(Romans 6:23 KJV) For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

(Titus 1:2-3 KJV) In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began; But hath in due times manifested his word through preaching, which is committed unto me according to the commandment of God our Saviour;

(Romans 5:21 KJV) That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.

____________________________________

COMMENTARY

“Whoso eateth my flesh and drinketh my blood hath eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day.” Here, again, those who take hold of the merits of Christ’s blood become subjects of eternal life and will be raised from the dead to receive that eternal life at the last day. If they are not raised up, as before shown, they will be lost. See, also, John 3:36, and 5:39, 40. But, it is urged, if it is true that we only have eternal life by faith, why is it said so positively, “hath eternal life”? We read (1 John 5:12), “He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.” Let verse 11 explain: “And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.” We now see how the believer hath eternal life. He is not said to be already absolutely in possession of it; but this life is “in his Son.” As if a person should say he had a thousand dollars, when he had only a draft for that amount, the money being in the bank, yet he says he has the money, because when pay day comes he is so sure the draft will draw the money from the bank. So with those who comply with the conditions of the promise of eternal life, they have a sure promise that they shall have eternal life, if faithful, at the last day. They have eternal life, but it is their wealth in the bank of Heaven, while they have in their possession Heaven’s draft (a sure promise) and the earnest of the Spirit, a witness of their acceptance by the Lord. When pay day (the coming of Christ) comes, they will become possessors of the true heavenly riches, and receive “the crown of life”-the “incorruptible” inheritance. “Ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God. When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.” Colossians 3:3, 4. Our eternal life is in God, because he “only hath immortality.” He is the only source from whence we can receive life eternal. It is said to be “with Christ,” because upon him has been conferred, by his Father, the right of bestowing immortality and eternal life upon all that accept and believe on the Son and obey God. “As thou hast given him power over all flesh that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.” John 17:2. “As the Father hath life in himself, so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself; and hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man.” John 5:26. Through Christ, then, we shall, at the coming of Christ, and the resurrection, receive eternal life from the Father, and in no text is it said that we shall receive eternal life at any other time or by any other means. (HPGO 27.2 by Ellen G White).

🙏

Daily Uploads....

♥️ Jods