What Does the Bible Teaches About Sanctification?

(1 Peter 3:15 KJV) But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:

(Leviticus 20:7 KJV) Sanctify yourselves therefore, and be ye holy: for I am the LORD your God.

(Deuteronomy 5:12 KJV) Keep the sabbath day to sanctify it, as the LORD thy God hath commanded thee.

(Isaiah 8:13-14 KJV) Sanctify the LORD of hosts himself; and let him be your fear, and let him be your dread. And he shall be for a sanctuary; but for a stone of stumbling and for a rock of offence to both the houses of Israel, for a gin and for a snare to the inhabitants of Jerusalem.

(Ezekiel 20:12 KJV) Moreover also I gave them my sabbaths, to be a sign between me and them, that they might know that I am the LORD that sanctify them.

(Joel 1:14 KJV) Sanctify ye a fast, call a solemn assembly, gather the elders and all the inhabitants of the land into the house of the LORD your God, and cry unto the LORD,

(John 17:17 KJV) Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

(Hebrews 13:12 KJV) Wherefore Jesus also, that he might sanctify the people with his own blood, suffered without the gate.

(1 Thessalonians 4:3 KJV) For this is the will of God, even your sanctification, that ye should abstain from fornication:

(Leviticus 11:44 KJV) For I am the LORD your God: ye shall therefore sanctify yourselves, and ye shall be holy; for I am holy: neither shall ye defile yourselves with any manner of creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

(James 4:8 KJV) Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.

(2 Corinthians 7:1 KJV) Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.

(1 Thessalonians 5:23 KJV) And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

____________________________________
COMMENTARY

SANCTIFICATION is a Bible subject, and as such it demands our serious attention. The importance of this subject appears from the fact that it is God’s will that we should be sanctified. Says inspiration: “This is the will of God, even your sanctification.” 1 Thessalonians 4:3. The object of God in giving a revelation to man, was to sanctify a people unto himself; and as many as have spoken and written by inspiration, have dwelt on the necessity of sanctification. Sanctification consists, moreover, in cleansing from sin, in making pure and holy that which is impure and unholy. In this sense Christians are sanctified, and in the progress of their sanctification, there is a setting apart to holy purposes—a self-consecration to the glory of God. SLH 6.1 by Ellen G White.

🙏

Daily uploads....

♥️ Jods