What Does the Bible Teaches About Witnessing?

(Matthew 24:14 KJV) And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

(Revelation 1:5 KJV) And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,

(John 1:15 KJV) John bare witness of him, and cried, saying, This was he of whom I spake, He that cometh after me is preferred before me: for he was before me.

(John 8:18 KJV) I am one that bear witness of myself, and the Father that sent me beareth witness of me.

(Acts 5:32 KJV) And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him.

(Isaiah 43:10 KJV) Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.

(Acts 4:20 KJV) For we cannot but speak the things which we have seen and heard.

(Matthew 18:15-16 KJV) Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother. But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.

(Proverbs 14:5 KJV) A faithful witness will not lie: but a false witness will utter lies.

(1 Samuel 12:5 KJV) And he said unto them, The LORD is witness against you, and his anointed is witness this day, that ye have not found ought in my hand. And they answered, He is witness.

____________________________________

COMMENTARY

There is unusual power in a personal testimony. When our hearts are warmed by Christ’s love and we are changed by His grace, we have something significant to say about Him. It is one thing to share what Jesus has done for someone else. It is quite another to share what He has done for us personally. After Mary met the resurrected Christ, she ran to tell the story. Good news is for sharing, and she could not be silent. Christ was alive! His tomb was empty, and the world must know it. After we, too, meet the resurrected Christ along the highway of life, we, too, must run to tell the story, for good news is for sharing. In Acts 26, we find the apostle Paul standing as a prisoner before King Agrippa. Here, speaking directly to the king, Paul gave his own personal testimony. He talked about his life, not only as a persecutor of Jesus’ followers but also, after his conversion, of his life as a witness to Jesus and about the promise of the resurrection of the dead (Acts 26:8). Taken From The Seventh-day Adventist Adult Sabbath School Quarterly, 3rd quarter 2020.

🙏

Daily Uploads....

♥️ Jods