What Does the Bible Teaches About the Six Things God Hate?

(Proverbs 6:16-19 KJV) These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him: A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief, A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.

(Malachi 2:16 KJV) For the LORD, the God of Israel, saith that he hateth putting away: for one covereth violence with his garment, saith the LORD of hosts: therefore take heed to your spirit, that ye deal not treacherously.

(Isaiah 61:8 KJV) For I the LORD love judgment, I hate robbery for burnt offering; and I will direct their work in truth, and I will make an everlasting covenant with them.

____________________________________

COMMENTARY

Never prevaricate; never tell an untruth in precept or in example.... Be straight and undeviating. Even a slight prevarication should not be allowed.49Manuscript 126, 1897.

The Saviour has a deep contempt for all deception. The stern punishment meted out to Ananias and Sapphira shows this.50The Review and Herald, April 13, 1905. Lying lips are an abomination to Him. He declares that into the holy city “there shall in no wise enter ... any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie.” Let truth telling be held with no loose hand or uncertain grasp. Let it become a part of the life. Playing fast and loose with truth, and dissembling to suit one's own selfish plans, means shipwreck of faith.... He who utters untruths sells his soul in a cheap market. His falsehoods may seem to serve in emergencies; he may thus seem to make business advancement that he could not gain by fair dealing; but he finally reaches the place where he can trust no one. Himself a falsifier, he has no confidence in the word of others.51The Acts of the Apostles, 76. By Ellen G White).

🙏

Daily Uploads....

♥️ Jods