What Does the Bible Teaches About God's Beauty?

(1 Chronicles 16:29 KJV) Give unto the LORD the glory due unto his name: bring an offering, and come before him: worship the LORD in the beauty of holiness.

(2 Chronicles 20:21 KJV) And when he had consulted with the people, he appointed singers unto the LORD, and that should praise the beauty of holiness, as they went out before the army, and to say, Praise the LORD; for his mercy endureth for ever.

(Psalms 27:4 KJV) One thing have I desired of the LORD, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to enquire in his temple.

(Proverbs 20:29 KJV) The glory of young men is their strength: and the beauty of old men is the grey head.

(Psalms 29:2 KJV) Give unto the LORD the glory due unto his name; worship the LORD in the beauty of holiness.

(Psalms 50:2 KJV) Out of Zion, the perfection of beauty, God hath shined.

(Proverbs 31:30 KJV) Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the LORD, she shall be praised.

(Isaiah 28:5 KJV) In that day shall the LORD of hosts be for a crown of glory, and for a diadem of beauty, unto the residue of his people,

(Isaiah 52:7 KJV) How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace; that bringeth good tidings of good, that publisheth salvation; that saith unto Zion, Thy God reigneth!

(Psalms 96:6 KJV) Honour and majesty are before him: strength and beauty are in his sanctuary.

(Psalms 90:17 KJV) And let the beauty of the LORD our God be upon us: and establish thou the work of our hands upon us; yea, the work of our hands establish thou it.

(1 Timothy 2:9-10 KJV) In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array; But (which becometh women professing godliness) with good works.

____________________________________
COMMENTARY

Inward Beauty More Desirable Than Outward Display—God would be pleased to see our sisters clad in neat, simple apparel and earnestly engaged in the work of the Lord. They are not deficient in ability, and if they would put to a right use the talents they already have, their efficiency would be greatly increased. If the time they now spend in needless work were devoted to searching the Word of God and explaining it to others, their own minds would be enriched with gems of truth, and they would be strengthened and ennobled by the effort made to understand the reasons of our faith. Were our sisters conscientious Bible Christians, seeking to improve every opportunity to enlighten others, we should see scores of souls embracing the truth through their self-sacrificing endeavors alone. DG 153.1

The sanctuary of the Bible is the habitation of God. It includes, first, the tabernacle pitched by man, which was the pattern of the true; and second, the true tabernacle which the Lord pitched and not man. The tabernacle erected by man, as the pattern of the true, embraced, first, the tabernacle of Moses, second, the temple of Solomon, and, third, the temple of Zerubbabel. The true tabernacle of God is the great original of which Moses, Solomon, and Zerubbabel, erected “figures,” “patterns,” or “images.” We trace the pattern of the true from the time it was erected by Moses, until it was merged into the larger and more glorious pattern which Solomon caused to be established. We trace this building down to the period when it was overthrown by Nebuchadnezzar, and suffered to remain in ruins through the Babylonish captivity. by Ellen G White.

🙏

Daily uploads....

♥️ Jods