What Does the Bible Teaches About Unity?

(1 Corinthians 1:10 KJV) Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.

(1 Peter 3:8-9 KJV) Finally, be ye all of one mind, having compassion one of another, love as brethren, be pitiful, be courteous: Not rendering evil for evil, or railing for railing: but contrariwise blessing; knowing that ye are thereunto called, that ye should inherit a blessing.

(Psalms 133:1-3 KJV) (A Song of degrees of David.) Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity! It is like the precious ointment upon the head, that ran down upon the beard, even Aaron’s beard: that went down to the skirts of his garments; As the dew of Hermon, and as the dew that descended upon the mountains of Zion: for there the LORD commanded the blessing, even life for evermore.

(Romans 15:5-6 KJV) Now the God of patience and consolation grant you to be likeminded one toward another according to Christ Jesus: That ye may with one mind and one mouth glorify God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.

(Romans 12:16,18 KJV) Be of the same mind one toward another. Mind not high things, but condescend to men of low estate. Be not wise in your own conceits. If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.

(Ephesians 4:1-6 KJV) I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called, With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love; Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; One Lord, one faith, one baptism, One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

(2 Corinthians 13:11 KJV) Finally, brethren, farewell. Be perfect, be of good comfort, be of one mind, live in peace; and the God of love and peace shall be with you.

(Colossians 3:14 KJV) And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness.

▪︎ Read Acts Chapter 2

____________________________________
COMMENTARY

One of the most desirable conditions, and one that we all like to see in the church of God, is a spirit of unity among the believers. Generally speaking, this is a rare commodity on the spiritual market. It may be that the reason we see so little unity in church life is that there is so little unity in the family life of the children of God. One of the tragedies of our time is the wrecked homes we see on every hand. There is a lack of willingness to bear and forbear within the family. To have a greater degree of unity in God’s church, however, will call for a greater degree of unity and love in each Christian family. BSPC 154.3
This is one of the vital needs to an effective witness by the church. If unity exists, it is a powerful recommendation for Christ and His claims to the world. Jesus Himself reminds us, “By this shall all men know that you are my disciples, if you have love one to another.” John 13:35. BSPC 154.4
Mrs. E. G. White has well remarked: BSPC 155.1
“It is the will of God that union and brotherly love should exist among His people. The prayer of Christ just before His crucifixion was that His disciples might be one as He is one with the Father, that the world might believe that God had sent Him. This most touching and wonderful prayer reaches down the ages, even to our day; for His words were, ‘Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on Me through their word.’ While we are not to sacrifice one principle of truth, it should be our constant aim to reach this state of unity. This is the evidence of our discipleship.”—Patriarchs and Prophets, 520. BSPC 155.2 by Ellen G White.

🙏

Daily uploads....

♥️ Jods