18

'Okay, so- we're calling a taxi in two hours, which is at 13PM. It's a two-hour drive to the airport, so we'll get there at 15PM. The flight is eleven hours long, so if the timezone didn't change we would get in England at 2AM. With the timezone change, we will get in England at 7AM.' Maddie analyzes with her notebook in front of her.

'Damn, that's early. Poor mum and dad.' I sigh.
'Damn right it's early. Will we even get sleep? Are you good at sleeping in airplanes?' Maddie asks. I shake my head as response.

'Me neither. Sounds like we gotta strike through a night.' she replies.
'Yay, so exciting.' I say, full of sarcasm.
'Why did we wake up so early? I could've used some extra sleep more than anything right now.' Maddie wonders out loud.

'If you call 11AM early, I totally agree.' I reply.
'You got back at 1AM last night, and I couldn't sleep before you would've told me everything, so that means we got about nine hours of sleep last night. That's nothing!' Maddie analyzes again.

'A healthy, average human being should be getting about seven or eight hours of sleep a night. Anything below or above is unhealthy. So, Maddie, we're unhealthy.' I tell.
'Let's go back to sleep now.' Maddie suggests.
'No, I'm not going back to sleep.' I answer directly. Maddie sighs.

'Right, you wanna see your boyfriend.' she says.
'Since when do I have a boyfriend? I must've missed it. Damn, why do I miss it every time it happens?' I ask sarcastically, making Maddie sigh again.

'Alright, let's go.' Maddie says then, getting up from her bed.
'Go where?' I ask, also getting up.
'Dunno, get breakfast somewhere. I'm starving. Wait, how about some scrambled eggs with fresh avocado and a big mug of English tea?' Maddie suggests excitedly.

'Come on! You can get that every morning when we're back in England. Don't you think we should get something really American? Something like junk food.' I answer.
'Junk food at eleven in the morning? What the hell is wrong with you? Wait, I have a genius idea. You know, in American movies, the actors always have this huge buffet in the morning with everything. With muffins, pancakes, everything. They never eat it, though, and take an apple instead, but here's my idea- Let's make a buffet like that in our hotel room.' Maddie suggests.

'We'll have to clean everything up last minute because we have to abandon our hotel room in two hours, Maddie. Remember?' I remind her.
'Oh, yes. Fuck. let's go outside and we'll just see what we'll do.' Maddie answers, looking disappointed. I nod and get out of our hotel room.

'We can also just eat here.' I suggest while we walk downstairs.
'They're probably already serving lunch.' Maddie answers, chuckling.
'I'm guessing brunch, actually.' I tell. We get inside the hotel's restaurant. It smells amazing, like fresh baked bread. It's not crowded, which is great.

'Let's go to... that corner!' I say excitedly, pointing at the table at the corner of the room.
'You really have a corner-fetish, if that exists.' Maddie answers while we walk to the table.

'I don't think it does.' I say. We sit down in front of each other. A waitress comes to us and hands us the menu.

'Brunch. Told ya.' I say when I see it's the brunch menu.
'They do have English breakfast, though. Should I just go for that? I'm craving my tea.' Maddie says.
'No, go for the double burger with a side of fries. That's typical American.' I suggest. Maddie grins.

'Shut up with your junk food. Plus, it's not even on the menu. Hey, there's Niall, Zayn and Liam.' She says then. I turn around in my seat to indeed see Niall, Zayn and Liam entering the restaurant. Niall sees us, and probably tells Zayn and Liam to go to us.

'Good morning, Olivia, you had a good night last night, huh?' Liam asks teasingly when they have reached us.

'Tell us what happened.' Niall orders, sitting down beside me, leaving one seat between us empty. Zayn sits beside Maddie, and Liam beside Zayn.