14

The doors buzz and Alice rises from her seat in the waiting room. It feels like she's been waiting for hours, so anxious to see him again but also so excited.

FP walks out from the doors and Alice immediately feels her eyes well up in tears at the sight of him. He grins and rushes over to her, wrapping his arms around her and holding her tight to him. "I've missed you so much, you have no idea." He whispers into her hair.

"I've missed you too." She croaks out, her voice thick with tears. Any other time she'd refrain from being so openly affectionate with him public, but the waiting room is empty, and she's missed him far too much to care even if it was full.

He pulls back slightly so he can look at her, noticing the tears in her eyes. "Why are you crying, baby?"

"I've just been so scared I'd never get to hug you again, it's surreal."

He smiles softly at her and wipes a tear from her cheek, pulling her into another hug and pressing a kiss to the top of her head. "I love you so much." He whispers to her and she feels his hand drift down to her stomach. "Both of you."

She smiles up at him and presses a soft kiss to his lips, melting into it for a moment. "Let's go home."

He takes her hand in his and follows her out to her car, smiling to himself as they exit the building he's been cooped up in.

"Al?"

"Yeah, honey?"

"How am I out?"

She frowns. "It was Gladys. The kids found a packet of jingle jangle in the trailer so I brought it to Keller, and well, the rest is history I guess."

He sighs, running his hand over his face in disbelief. "I can't believe I was so blind. I just let her waltz back into our lives and she ruined everything, I should've known better."

Alice shakes her head and reaches for his hands. "It's not your fault, FP. You couldn't have known."

"The kids are going to be crushed. Do they know anything?"

"Not that I know of. We can tell them together if you'd like, moral support?"

"I'd like that." He smiles at her and pulls on her hand. "Now come here, I've missed you." She giggles but moves closer to him, kissing him slowly and cherishing every second of it.

"Alright, thanks Tom. Bye." Alice watches as FP hangs up the phone and she raises an eyebrow at him.

"What did he say?"

"He said the trailer is now considered a crime scene until they figure out where she was getting all the jingle jangle, so we're pretty much homeless now." He tells her with a sigh, slumping down on the couch beside her. "He said that he'll send an officer over tomorrow morning to supervise as we grab some clothes and stuff, but besides that, we're not to go back there until the investigation is over. The kids are going to freak."

"They'll understand, honey." Alice assures him. "And until you can move back into the trailer, you and the kids are more than welcome to stay here."

"Al, you don't have to do that. I can find us a place."

"I know I don't have to, I want to. I want you here."

He gives her an shy smile. "I love you, you know that right?"

She nods. "I had a feeling. I love you too." She snuggles up close to his side and feels his arm wrap around her, his hand resting on her still flat stomach.

"How are you feeling by the way? Still nauseous?"

"Yeah, every morning without fail. I'm just glad Betty hasn't noticed."

"What are we going to do about that? Should we tell the kids?"

She sighs dramatically and rests her head on his shoulder, the thought of telling the kids making her head hurt. "Not yet, I think we should give them some time to adjust to everything else before we drop the bombshell on them that we're dating and having a baby."

He smirks. "I guess you're right. It's gonna suck not being able to cuddle with you at night though."

"Well you can always sneak into my bedroom when the kids are asleep."

He chuckles. "That's a little dangerous don't you think?"

She shrugs and moves herself onto his lap, feeling his hands grip onto her hips. "Maybe so, but it's a risk I'm willing to take." She kisses him softly. "Plus my hormones are nuts right now, so either you're sneaking into my room or I'm sneaking into yours."

He smiles and tucks a strand of hair behind her ear. "Fine but if we get caught, you're the one explaining to them what's going on."

"Deal." She looks over at the clock and smiles devilishly. "Looks like we have some time before the kids get home, would you like a tour of your new house?"

He smirks and gets a better grip on her as he stands up. "Definitely. I think the bedroom is a good place to start."

She laughs as he walks in the direction of the stairs. "You read my mind."