28

The house has been eerily quiet for the past couple of days, Alice and FP still stubbornly giving each other the silent treatment, and Betty and Jughead still bitter about their relationship. Jellybean is the only personal in the house who's acting normal.

FP sits in the arm chair in the living room while Alice and Jellybean take up residence on the couch, their eyes glued to the movie on TV. He loves how close they've gotten lately, it's sweet seeing how attached Jellybean has gotten to Alice, he's grateful for that.

The sound of footsteps capture the attention of both Alice and FP and they turn their heads to find Betty and Jughead grabbing their jackets. "Where are you two going?" Alice asks curiously.

"Does it matter?" Betty mumbles.

"I just want to know in case something happens."

The teen rolls her eyes. "We're meeting Archie and Veronica at Pop's and then the four of us are going to the movies. Satisfied?"

"Betty, don't talk to your mom like that." FP scolds, earning a laugh from the young girl.

"Just because you're sleeping with my mom doesn't give you the right to try and parent me."

"Elizabeth!" Alice hisses, appalled by the attitude her daughter has had lately.

"What? It's true. He's not my dad."

"Even so." She takes a deep breath. "Look honey, I know you're mad, but you still owe us some respect."

"Believe me, compared to the things I want to say, that was respectful."

Alice's mouth falls open, at a loss for words.

Jellybean scurries over to them and taps her brother on the shoulder. "Can I come too?"

Jughead laughs. "Yeah right."

Her eyebrows crease in annoyance. "I'll pay for my own burger. Come on, I'm gonna be bored all night, let me come."

"Were going out with our friends, I don't want to have to babysit you the whole time."

"I'm twelve, you don't have to babysit me."

"You're just a kid, we're teenagers." Betty adds with a wave of her hand. "Just hang out here, have your own movie night." She dismisses the girl and then she and Jughead are heading out the door.

"They've been real jerks lately." Jellybean rolls her eyes and walks back into the living room, dropping down onto the couch with a huff. "It's not like I'd be any trouble. I'd sit at another table, I'd pay for my own food and movie ticket. I don't have any friends here, I just want to do something."

FP frowns and walks over to his daughter, wrapping his arm around her and pressing a kiss to her temple. "I know it's hard, honey, but you'll make friends eventually, it just takes time."

"I hope so. Because sitting around here everyday isn't very fun," she looks towards Alice with an apologetic look. "No offence."

Alice gives her a warm smile. "None taken." She thinks on it for a moment before coming up with an idea. "Tell you what? Why don't you and I hang out today? We can go get our nails done, or go shopping or something?"

"Seriously? You'd hang out with me?" Her eyes gleam with excitement. "Really?"

"Of course, you're a cool kid, I'd love to hang out with you. And hey, maybe when it gets warmer you can teach me how to use a slingshot."

"Deal." Jellybean grins widely. "Shopping sounds fun, and I could definitely go for a nice manicure."

"It's settled then. Why don't you go get your jacket and then we can head out?"