4. duets

"Lor manari!"

"alright, lets uh gather round, sorry im late guys," mr schue said solemnly, pulling up a chair to which katy knew just what was coming

"i was with principle figgins, bad news guys, puckerman's in juvie." he explained, and katy looked down as the rest of the club gasped and whispered among themselves.

"really was just a matter of time," tina said, saying what they were all thinking.

"what did he do?" quinn asked, outraged,

"he drove his mom's volvo through the front of a convenience store and drove off with the atm." mr schue explained, with severity in his voice, as katy tried to block out that laughter coming from the room at the reasoning for her brother going to juvie.

"and when is he getting out?!" rachel quizzed, weirdly concerned,

"unknown." mr schue answered, looking quizzically at her.

"he might be the dumbest person on that planet and that's coming from me!" brittany said honestly, earning nods for some around her,

"guys, lets have some sympathy." mr schue urged, remembering that puck's very own sister was sat quietly at the front bottom corner of the room.

"for a guy who put his own needs before the teams, we need his voice and his bad boy stage presence." finn argued, annoyed with his best friend.

"i think it's me who needs sympathy mr schue." katy spoke out quietly, drawing all eyes to her, "the car's in the garage getting fixed, i have to walk to school on my own now, and he's my brother, we're close. they're right, he's an idiot. im still in a slight state of shock to be honest with you." the room went awkwardly silent at katy's words, feeling bad for the girl.

"anyway," mr schue continued, trying to move on from puck, "we can't look at this as a this as a crisis, it's an opportunity!"

"for what?"quinn interrupted, "further embarrassment and humiliation?"
which most of the room agreed.

"for welcoming our newest member, sam evans!" mr schue said excitedly,

katy perked up at the mentioning of sam's name, beaming at him as he jogged into the room.

"hey everybody! im sam, sam i am, and i don't like green eggs and ham,"

katy giggled a little too loudly, making the confused room stare at her and sam grin at her, happy that someone got his joke.

"oh wow he has no game." santana muttered to brittany,

"shut up santana!" katy whispered harshly at her friend, who gave her a knowing look.

"okay! this is gonna be great, youre not gonna regret joining sam!" finn smiled, running up and shaking sam's hand, "sit right there, next to katy." he pointed out the seat and katy patted it with her hand awkwardly, making a mental note to stop being so weird around him.