5. the hurt locker part II

"this day could not get much better!"

Katy had snuck Kitty into the teachers lounge so that they could have lunch together without being interrupted

Katy had snuck Kitty into the teachers lounge so that they could have lunch together without being interrupted. She was grateful for Kitty. During their time apart, they'd stayed in closer contact than she had with any of the other underclassmen that were supposed to stay at Mckinley and somehow, this meant that they'd become even closer friends.

Kitty was relaying her chat with Rachel that morning, where she'd tried to convince her to rejoin the glee club and Katy could tell she'd been slightly convinced.

She completely understood why Kitty didn't want to go back to the new directions after how they'd treated her. All of the people she'd grown to love and let her barriers down for had left her behind, all by herself and that had hurt her. Trust wasn't something Kitty Wilde gave easily and she hated the feeling of being vulnerable to getting hurt again.

Pressure her to join again was the last thing Katy wanted to do, though she could tell how much she wanted to join deep inside.

Pointing straight at her, Kitty shook her head, "and no, I am not joining for you."

"I know." Katy replied with a smile, "I just want you to join for you."

"What do you mean?" Kitty asked, tilting her head in confusion.

"I mean, you loved glee club when you were in it and I just like to see you happy."

Shrugging her shoulders with a quick smile, Kitty fiddled with her fingers as she replied, "I am happy. I mean, I'd rather be here with you than in the choir room with the incest twins."

Shaking her head through a laugh, Katy lifted an eyebrow, "you've gotta stop calling them that, Kitty."

"Okay, okay." Kitty rolled her eyes, "that doesn't mean they're not though."

Throwing a candy at her in retaliation, they smiled at each other, laughing together as they sat alone just goofing off in the teachers lounge. Stopping their play by snatching the bag of candy out of Katy's hands, Kitty sat back, fidgeting in her chair slightly as she let her guard down, "I never thanked you for staying in touch with me."

"You don't have to thank me. I wanted to stay in touch with you." Katy assured her, frowning slightly at her rare vulnerability.

"Nobody else did." Kitty whispered, looking down to hide her embarrassed blush, "not even Artie."

"Well they're stupid."

Harshly pushing down the lump in her throat, Kitty pursed her lips slightly as her voice broke slightly, "but that's what I'm afraid of. It's all gonna go downhill again and I'm gonna have to go through loosing everyone all over again."