15. opening night

"The greatest star!"

It was Rachel's big opening night on broadway and unexpected by everyone, she was completely freaking out

It was Rachel's big opening night on broadway and unexpected by everyone, she was completely freaking out. After catching her reading every review under the sun, Kurt had put her on a technology lock down and called all of her friends to the loft to make a 'love and validation buffet.'

Tina was first to arrive, beaming with excitement as she greeted her friends. Locking eyes with Rachel, she held her arms out, pulling her in for a hug, "hello big fat broadway star! These are for you!" She smiled, handing her over a large bouquet of flowers, frowning deeply as she mouthed a thank you in reply, "oh no do you have laryngitis again?"

"Oh, no, she's just resting her voice." Kurt explained, quickly.

"Oh thank god! This would not be a good time for your tonsils to flare up again! Remember that? First year of glee club?" Tina gasped, oblivious to everyone's warning glares for her to stop rambling, "hey, where is everyone? Rachel's opening night on broadway is a big deal! And where's Artie? I was hoping to get to see him."

"Oh, his short film 'Bags in the Wind' got accepted into the Ft. Lauderdale International Short Film festival." Sam told her excitedly.

Frowning to herself, Tina shrugged her shoulders, "oh that's too bad, I mean, what about Quinn and Puck and Santana? Are they not being supportive? Where's your brother Katy?!"

Her eye twitching a little bit as she saw Rachel's panic on the rise, Katy clapped her hands together loudly, ignoring her question, "Tina! Why don't you catch us up? How's Brown University?"

Gasping happily, Tina sat down beside her and began to tell them everything, "I love everything about it! Except my dorm room. My room mate, she's nice but she's from Pakistan and she doesn't speak much English and she's always watching the Al Jezzera channel. And no, I don't have a boyfriend, I was dating this really nice guy but he turned out to be-"

"Gay." Sam and Blaine chorused.

"Gay." Mercedes added with a nod.

"A dolphin." Katy chipped in.

"Homosexual." Kurt finished loudly.

"No." Tina scoffed, frowning that they'd all guessed so quickly, "yes. Anyway, Rachel, I read this amazing story about you on BroadwayWorld.Com and they're predicting Funny Girl to be a big hit. And so is everyone else accept a few moronic bloggers-"

Everyone's eyes widened immediately as Tina started ranting about the independent bloggers hating on Rachel, unaware that she was making it worse and quickly ran to try and shut her up. Finally getting the hint from Sam just loudly shouting, "shut up!", Tina trailed off, squinting her eyes closed guiltily.

"It's fine. It's fine." Rachel assured her, squeezing her eyes tight shut and taking a few deep breathes, "frankly, the only opinions I care about are you guys and you love me so if I ever need any validation, I just turn to my buffet of people right in front of me. So if you don't mind, I'm going to go and take a nap."