Chapter 5

"Amy you are getting it all wrong, you will get clay all over yourself"Cherry said.

"Hmm, if you know it all why aren't you my partner"Amy said.

"In as much as I love you honey, I can't be your partner in fine art, you are a wreak girl"Cherry said handing Mike her partner more clay.

Amy stared down at her roughly moulded clay. She had been trying to mould out something for the past one hour but to no avail. She really suck in fine art, drawing was the worst, she smiled.

"Girlfriend, I heard that Daniel is kind of hitting on you"Cherry said staring suspiciously at her.

"Yunno Cher, I wonder if you are really my friend, that guy is a bundle of problem on his own. Hitting on me will be the last thing on his agenda"Amy said.

"I knew it, it was too good to be true, rumors"Cherry said slowly shaking her head.

Amy exhaled softly.

That was close.

Daniel wasn't hitting on her, the truth was that they had gotten too close than usual these past days and he was really a sweet guy. If one get to really know someone you get to know that person's good side.

He was really caring, he had helped her in music class, gym class and even history class. He was good with the piano, guitar, drum and even the violin.

She saw the jealous look girls gave her when they passed her by but she didn't care. She loved being Daniel's friend and just wanted to keep it that way.

"Look now Mr Clay, we are gonna get through this together just transform to a beautiful anything at the count of three.  One, two_"

"Amy, what are you doing, keep it down you are making a hell of noise"Miss Vivian, the fine art teacher said.

"Sorry Miss Viv"Amy said already frustrated.

"What have you moulded so far"Miss Viv said looking at her.

"Ehmm, ta-da"she said pointing at her rumpled clay.

"Nothing, why did you even sign up for this class when you can't do anything"Miss Viv said angrily.

"Am sorry but I can try"Amy said feeling embarrassed because everyone were staring.

"Then what are you waiting for_

"Me, Amy is waiting for me Vivian cause am her partner and I think is improper talking to a student in that manner" Daniel said bouncing in with an air of superiority.

He was all dressed in white, even his sneakers were all white. He looked so charming with his black-brown hair swept all the way up.

Girls gasped when he entered some almost fainted, he smiled at her, she smiled back.

Wasn't he just a life saver.

"Oh Daniel, you are here but what are you doing in a fine art class"Miss Viv asked politely.

"I came to help a friend in need" he said still looking at her.

"Daniel you can come partner with me" Daisy said as she held his arm.

"I think David will need a partner, so Daisy its up to you"he said smiling sweetly at Daisy.

"Really" Daisy said looking up at him, he pulled away from her and walked towards Amy.

"Let's get started, shouldn't we"he said rolling up his sleeve.

"But you will get all messy, your clothes is all white"she said frowning.

"Yeah when I dressed this morning I didn't bargain for this but don't worry I will be careful"he said.

"Okay, as you wish"

"So what are we moulding" he said already kneading the damp clay.

"Anything good"she said then she glanced up to see Cherry approaching them.

"Amy, a minute"Cherry said folding her arms.

Daniel glanced up at Cherry.

"Daniel my best friend Cherry"Amy said.

"Hey, I know you, and longer hair suits you more" he said looking at Cher's hair.

Cherry touched her afro,"Oh really, just did this for a show, I will take it down soon"she said blushing vigorously.

"Cherry..."Amy called.

"Oh, okay a minute please, catch you later Daniel"Cherry said pulling Amy away, Daniel smiled and got back to his work.

"So what's going on between you two, I was right, you lied to me"Cherry said angrily when they moved away from Daniel.

"Am sorry I didn't tell you about him, but there is nothing much to tell, he is just a friend who I barely know for about a week"Amy said.

"A friend?"Cherry said cocking an eyebrow at her.

"Yes I swear, that's all"

"And you didn't tell me that my crush was your friend, good gracious"Cherry said giggling as she stared at Daniel from where they stood.

"Really? so now is Daniel, not David"Amy said.

"They are both one to me"Cherry said still giggling.

"Get out of here Cher, I got some moulding to do"Amy said pushing her best friend away, then she smiled and walked back to where Daniel sat.