Chapter 37

"You can't come with me" she said and tossed her phone away on a couch.

"I don't think you know where he is referring to so am in" he said casting her a lopsided grin.

She exhaled and raked her hair, then she nodded slowly. "Okay you are in but you aren't going in with me. He will kill you at first sight I know he will" she said pacing around.

"Calm down honey we will get her. We are in this together remember" he said walking towards her.

She halted staring at him as he approached her, but he stopped not knowing why.

"Where is this warehouse anyway" she said looking away as disappointment clouded her eyes.

"I can't give the direction but I know the route very well, me and Dave normally hang out there with friends"

"Oh" she said nodding slowly.

"Back then I haven't met you, you haven't changed me" he said and covered the remaining steps to meet her, then he pulled her into his arms. "You changed me Amy, deep down to my bones and marrow and that's why I will keep on loving you no matter what" he said and placed a kiss on her hair.

She wrapped her arms around him and inhaled slowly, then she exhaled heavily. "I missed you" she said holding him tight as her body fitted with his.

"I can't tell you my story of what I have been through and of how you hurt me baby but I missed you too like crazy and I hope that you will never let go again cause I will never, I promise you" he said in her hair as he held her tight.

"But David said_

"We will sort that out after we get your mum, now let's go get her" he said, then she pulled away reluctantly from his embrace.

"Okay, let's get going" she said and headed for the door.

"In as much as I am ruffled by all this honey, you need to go get changed. I can't be seen walking around with a beautiful, unkempt pyjamas lady, I have a reputation to
Keep so go get dressed" he said, then she halted and looked at what she wore.

She grinned. "I will be back in a minute, a reputation umm" she said staring at him, then she brushed pass him to the stairs leading up to her room.

"Another thing" he said staring at her body.

She stopped and turn to look at him. "And....what's that"

"When all this is over and settled, am gonna lock you up in my house with your mum's permission and put you on a healthy diet" he said.

She frowned. "Why? am not that bad, am I?"she said still frowning.

"Girl you are skinny. What made you so like this?"

"You really wanna know?"

"Sure"

"Thinking of you made me so like this" she said and smiled, then she raced up the stairs giggling loudly.

He grinned.

He loved her so much that it felt like his heart will burst from so much happiness and he won't lose her again, never.

******

Fifteen minutes later, they walked towards his car together hand in hand. He looked up at her and squeezed her hand gently to assure her. She smiled but he could still see the nervous look in her eyes.

"She will be fine"

"I know, but you_

"Everything will be okay trust me" he said smiling at her.

She nodded and exhaled like almost the hundredth time today, then she look heavenwards and closed her eyes for a while as she sent a silent prayer to heaven.

Today is going to be a long day

He thought to himself and slide into his car, then he drove away after she was settled in by his side.

*******
Amy POV:

She looked up at the mighty warehouse from the windshield of Daniel's car, she bet it was haunted but that wasn't her problem for now.

She wondered what Daniel was thinking about because he had been silent throughout the journey so had she. She felt the growing tension between them so she turned to look at him and found him studying her expression with a serious look on his face that made fear crawl up her spine.

"This is it, it is now or never"she said unbuckling her seat belt.

"You look scared, are you sure you can handle it on your own" he said still staring at her.

She halted and looked at him." Apart from the fact that I have a kind of fear for dark confined spaces, I will be fine"she said smiling as she tried to lift the tension between them but his expression was still grave.

"I know who my brother is, he can be a monster sometimes and you might get hurt"

She exhaled. "I know what you want me to do, but I can't risk losing you again, please do this for me. Just stay here, don't even come looking for me cause I will handle it all" she said as she cupped his face.

He searched her face and gave in when he saw that she was yielding.

"Okay fine but if you aren't out in 20 minutes, I swear I will come get you" he said with seriousness in his voice.

She smiled seeing how much he loved her just in that minute.

"I will be out before then, I promise" she said and glance at  the timer in his car. "Fuck! It's almost dawn, I gotta go now" she said but didn't move an inch, then he pulled her into a quick warm embrace. She hugged him back not wanting to let go but then he pulled her back to look into her eyes.

"I'll be waiting" he said.

She nodded slowly and opened her side door, then she casted him a final glance and saw the worried look in his eyes but instead she slide out of the car and headed for the warehouse before she could change her mind about going in alone.